C4 Forums | Control4

SAMSUNG 43" Class TU690T Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV powered by Tizen Smart TV UN43TU690TFXZA 2022

drmark12pa

I'm looking at adding a cheapo 43" TV (basically Sams Club or Costco type) to a bathroom and just wondering if the above TV can be controlled by C4 over ethernet.  Is there a specific driver for this TV as I don't see one listed with Control4.  If there is, what is the name of the driver?

20 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

I'm looking at adding a cheapo 43" TV (basically Sams Club or Costco type) to a bathroom and just wondering if the above TV can be controlled by C4 over ethernet.  Is there a specific driver for this TV as I don't see one listed with Control4.  If there is, what is the name of the driver?

I would make sure you have an ethernet and can hardwire it to the network. wireless is just going to add even more hiccups to the samsung ip driver. If there is not network I would get a z2io or Ca1 for serial control if you dont want to see and ir cable.

i would confirm it has serial control though before getting the CA1. Likely will also be cost prohibitive from the sounds of it as well.

18 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Most models won't work at all with WiFi as WOL isn't enabled on it for most sammy TVs (some models this past year started doing it finally)

Oops I meant there are 2 Ethernet posts on wall which I use.  All of my TV's are by Ethernet only never wifi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.