C4 Forums | Control4

Hue lighting flicker

2 minutes ago, daveva said:

How do you stop hue lighting from flickering. The lights are on an adaptive phase dimmer.thanks

Your Hue lights should never be on a dimmer.. They should be wired directly to mains.. I'd disconnect them immediately or you might damage them. Dimmers are for only "dumb" lights without built in electronics 

yeah.. switch as an alternative if you need a way to force them off without C4. But never dimmer (I wouldn't even use a dimmer if the dimmer is set to a minimum of 100%). That being said, never used the APD gear, but you can probably use a button link to control the hue anyway (and even connect it to things like our Bond Sidekick driver)

15 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

That being said, never used the APD gear, but you can probably use a button link to control the hue anyway (and even connect it to things like our Bond Sidekick driver)

Yes, dimmers, apd or otherwise can be set to 'disconnect' the buttons from the load and then used as a '2-button' to control something else. Again, that doesn't mean you SHOULD use a dimmer with a HUE (or many other things) - but that is what you should do with a switch. Hide the actual load so you can trigger it as an override shut-off only (for safety in case of smashed bulbs that need to be removed or for resets if needed)

it may be overheating. I have a few bulbs with this issue and they are significantly hotter than the other bulbs. It will be time to replace them soon. I do have mine on APD and KD set to 100% and no ramp times and other than these two failures they have been fine for nearly 8 years. I have other dimmable leds that have failed before the hue have. I can attribute exactly what the failure is from as there are other hue lights on the same dimmers that have no issues at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.