C4 Forums | Control4

Bluesound not showing up

Mitch did some great work, but the Bluesound is very quirky.  

I hate to tell him it’s not working as planned - I blame blue sound’s drivers.   

oh and if anyone is using Roon, definitely don’t update your Bluesound firmware now. 

3 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Mitch did some great work, but the Bluesound is very quirky.  

I hate to tell him it’s not working as planned - I blame blue sound’s drivers.   

oh and if anyone is using Roon, definitely don’t update your Bluesound firmware now. 

What's wrong now? 

From what I can tell,

The mini-driver in the pool music room aren’t working.  

I can go to node - and then select the music service.  That seems to work. 

strangely if I go to the pool bar and select a mini driver,  I get that error I showed you and then it plays the mini driver.  

3 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

At least I can work it through the main driver for now. 

Add the my playlists and stations drivers. I actually kept the mini apps around for my wife. The my playlists one pretty much negated that. We have the mini apps hidden in most rooms now. 

Just a suggestion.

10 minutes ago, SpencerT said:

Add the my playlists and stations drivers. I actually kept the mini apps around for my wife. The my playlists one pretty much negated that. We have the mini apps hidden in most rooms now. 

Just a suggestion.

Will check that out.  Thanks. 

42 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Dumb question, how is everyone making a selection when using Airplay - need to make this wife proof when she streams music from her iphone. thanks.

You mean via Shair bridge?

3 minutes ago, Amr said:

You mean via Shair bridge?

No sir.

Topic is bluesound.  I'm using the bluesound to keep life and connections simple. It's capable of airplay, so the question is how do you select the bluesound off the menu when using Airplay.

12 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

No sir.

Topic is bluesound.  I'm using the bluesound to keep life and connections simple. It's capable of airplay, so the question is how do you select the bluesound off the menu when using Airplay.

I believe u should select it in the list of sources when u r assuming to listen to something either from Apple widget or from the apps itself, I don’t use shairbridge and I do have a huge list of sources to select from but this is it.

The name of the device you set it up with will appear to you.

12 hours ago, whitneyd said:

I have a Bluesound Node and you basically choose it like any other airplay device. It will show up in your list of available devices. 

I had a chance to play...

So basically on the phone it's easy.

I just wish there was a mini-driver for airplay. In order to get C4 to be aware that your phone is using airplay you need to select either one of the mini drivers (before airplaying) or the main driver. this could be a bit cleaner had there been a airplay mini driver.

On 4/22/2023 at 5:02 AM, Cyknight said:

BluSound develops those drivers themselves (or outsource it, but it's not done by Control4 at least). Composer only checks the native database (just like driver central and others only check their own), so there wouldn't be any way for it to know until updated drivers get pushed out. They do, but it's usually quite delayed before they send them/before it goes through certification.

To be clear, I have multiple sites running this version of the driver, non of them have issues - That said I did have an issue at two of these sites where the devices weren't showing properly when we added zones, and it was fixed by ensuring a matched version as per above mention

Composer Prompt me to update my BS drivers to 3.2.1, done so and all is working just fine, so this time the update pushed to Online database!

14 minutes ago, Amr said:

The only issue I had after update is to log out of iHeart Radio and log in again all is working just fine, I have 10 streaming services running with BS

Mine as well. As a nice surprise they updated the firmware yesterday for the Node 130 and it now works with Roon Ready.

4 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

Mine as well. As a nice surprise they updated the firmware yesterday for the Node 130 and it now works with Roon Ready.

Glad to hear this. Need to ask you thought what Roon really provides u vs mounting ur music within BS, library is great with full search so what are the advantages of using Roon?

1 hour ago, Amr said:

Glad to hear this. Need to ask you thought what Roon really provides u vs mounting ur music within BS, library is great with full search so what are the advantages of using Roon?

I used to do the nice cheap free server methods. Used Plex for all my music.  

then I looked at Roon. In short it brings 2 things:

1. A fantastic visual library experience through the Roon app. By far!   The metadata is just amazing.  Basic albums, live albums and classical was best handled in Roon. 
not a big deal if your just storing files and folders - though the search and organization is pretty amazing to have with Roon  

2. audiophile sound - so Roon really focuses on getting the best sound performance. There’s a lot about getting data to a dac over the network - they also added an app for CarPlay.  So if your using the Node, I can tell the difference between Roon direct  and Roon via airplay  

they have a Roon demo for 2 weeks, check it out and let me know what you think    

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.