C4 Forums | Control4

Bluesound not showing up

I just invested in a BlueSouund Node

System has been upgraded to 3.3, running latest bluesound drivers and firmware, etc.

I had my dealer install the bluesound drivers and minidrivers.

In composer i can see the bluesound, and see it's IP@ etc in the driver.

However when i got to listen -> bluesound, nothing is showing under Devices and Services.

Anyone have some experience with Bluesound? 

thanks.

5 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

I just invested in a BlueSouund Node

System has been upgraded to 3.3, running latest bluesound drivers and firmware, etc.

I had my dealer install the bluesound drivers and minidrivers.

In composer i can see the bluesound, and see it's IP@ etc in the driver.

However when i got to listen -> bluesound, nothing is showing under Devices and Services.

Anyone have some experience with Bluesound? 

thanks.

Did he refreshed navigators after adding it? Also in the audio points is it linked correctly to an input to one of your controllers? 

There is a pretty major new driver update for BlueSound fairly recently, and if there is ANY mismatch between version numbers between the network, node and mini app drivers it acts weird in all sorts of ways: your dealer should make sure ALL driver get updated with the latest drivers: https://bluos.net/downloads/ has the newest version.

Note that after updating, your system should be rebooted so it loads all of the driver updates (it should automatically call for it, but just in case, do a hard reboot once done)

35 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

There is a pretty major new driver update for BlueSound fairly recently, and if there is ANY mismatch between version numbers between the network, node and mini app drivers it acts weird in all sorts of ways: your dealer should make sure ALL driver get updated with the latest drivers: https://bluos.net/downloads/ has the newest version.

Note that after updating, your system should be rebooted so it loads all of the driver updates (it should automatically call for it, but just in case, do a hard reboot once done)

All good.  I am thinking there's a driver version problem (maybe), when i click on the driver it shows 3.0.1, but strangely it shows 3.2.0 in the properties. I did a hard reset this morning, no joy. Also backed down the Firmware on the Node, since there is a Roon problem, still No Joy.

2 hours ago, ekohn00 said:

All good.  I am thinking there's a driver version problem (maybe), when i click on the driver it shows 3.0.1, but strangely it shows 3.2.0 in the properties. I did a hard reset this morning, no joy. Also backed down the Firmware on the Node, since there is a Roon problem, still No Joy.

My Driver version is 3.0.8 and it’s the latest driver from BS and it’s newer than the online version, it had been the case since day one which is running for more than 14 months now!

NAD CI-580 here (4 bluos players).

Running the 3.2.0 driver downloaded from the NAD website on everything (players, mini apps, zone network, etc.).

If I hover over each device in monitoring, they show 3.01 or 3.06 in the hover.  Clicking on anything in details shows the correct driver (3.2.0 driver in my case).  Been this way since I've been on C4. I don't know why, and it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

My CI-580 is running bluos 3.20.45.  I only stream Qobuz, Tidal and TuneIn off the bluesound.  I setup all of my logins in the BluOS app for the services I use.  I use a few mini apps and mostly the individual players in C4.

In navigator, I hide the "bluesound endpoints" and only expose the individual players (I have a couple going through external DACs that I want to be able to specifically select) and the mini apps (my playlists, my stations, qobuz, TuneIn, tidal). 

And, most importantly, hard reboot your bluos device after a driver or firmware update. They (bluesound) only occasionally list it in release notes, but it's pretty much the thing that fixes the thing when the thing glitches. 

Screenshot_20230421_195731_Control4.jpg

1 hour ago, Amr said:

My Driver version is 3.0.8 and it’s the latest driver from BS and it’s newer than the online version, it had been the case since day one which is running for more than 14 months now!

check again, latest is 3.2 online. but don't install, who knows maybe that's why mine isn't working.

I also found out the latest firmware kills roon ready.

9 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

check again, latest is 3.2 online. but don't install, who knows maybe that's why mine isn't working.

I also found out the latest firmware kills roon ready.

Okay just found out that version 3.2 is out! Why Composer is not advising there are drivers to update? Well I will need to understand the release notes from NAD website before asking my dealer to update!

11 minutes ago, Amr said:

Okay just found out that version 3.2 is out! Why Composer is not advising there are drivers to update? Well I will need to understand the release notes from NAD website before asking my dealer to update!

You can update each of the drivers yourself in HE (it's how I do it). Composer never prompts me with a bluos update.

3.2 works fine for me.

56 minutes ago, Amr said:

Okay just found out that version 3.2 is out! Why Composer is not advising there are drivers to update?

BluSound develops those drivers themselves (or outsource it, but it's not done by Control4 at least). Composer only checks the native database (just like driver central and others only check their own), so there wouldn't be any way for it to know until updated drivers get pushed out. They do, but it's usually quite delayed before they send them/before it goes through certification.

1 hour ago, ekohn00 said:

but don't install, who knows maybe that's why mine isn't working

To be clear, I have multiple sites running this version of the driver, non of them have issues - That said I did have an issue at two of these sites where the devices weren't showing properly when we added zones, and it was fixed by ensuring a matched version as per above mention

20 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

no, still not working - this is odd.  We have bluesound services bound and they can't be added to the listen menu.  Are you using that @Amr?

Yes am using all services directly, but am still on old version of the driver. Are services binded to BS driver? It’s like Roku channels

1 hour ago, Amr said:

I think the best thing to do is to factory reset it and re-add, should work then, of course u have to re-set it up from scratch!

Idk.. it's odd 

1 hour ago, SpencerT said:

Does the player itself show up?

Yes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.