C4 Forums | Control4

Core LITE Announced (bundle with Halo)

RAV

Just finished up the show at CEDIA and must say OS 3.4 is a whole lotta nothing in comparative terms.  Beyond some enhancements of security camera integration, very very basic user management function and notifications it was a dud IMO.  The release date from 3 reps was promoted as coming on September 13th.  I asked each rep in different sessions about enhanced ability to do scene programming within the OS (i.e. not When>Then, or Composer HE) and was given what seemed to be the marketing of answer of their updates are building a platform for this.  Additional user management and permission details were not present other than an Admin and Standard functions.  They did state that future updates will be pushed out on a much more regular basis instead of large industry events like this one.  I asked about Halo development to put basic function into it (locks, shades, etc.) in addition to voice activation for Josh.ai - got the 'our developers are actively working on it.' A bit frustrating seeing that the remotes were first promoted as coming at last year's show and to go a fully calendar year with this progress is disappointing.  Hopefully some things will come sooner than later.

On non-related note: impressive things saw:

• Black Nova for keypads/thermostats/dimmers that integrate with Control4
  • Ketra Lighting
  • Josh.ai demo 
  • Grimani/Seymour Screens/MadVR/Barco demo
  • Sony demo theater with 7000 series projector
  • Netgear's AV focused networking
  • Porcella Theater speakers

I'm sure there will be plenty of post by YouTuber's but just sharing.  First time attended and hopefully not last.

Edited by gregheard
spelling

37 minutes ago, neil12011 said:

@gregheard

I was literally just watching Techthusiam and saw you in the comments man.

Very nice guy - have connected on some gear purchases and doing a training session on Composer HE next weekend.  Trying to encourage him to come to CEDIA as he's a good voice for the consumer like myself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.