2 core CPU vs 4
3 IO Ports (1 Serial IR combo/2 IR) vs 2 combo 2 IR
No Digital Audio Output
No External Antenna
No LAN switch
No POE

Bundle with Halo $1095 US

Currently only posted as a Bundle.

Seems like good solution for secondary rooms.   I might get a few of these Bundles.  Looks like audio out is only via HDMI?  Since my TVs all have audio backhaul to matrix, I'm assuming it could increase number of different simultaneous streams in a pinch by routing the audio path through the TV and back to matrix (and then to the in-ceiling speakers)?  I've never run out of outputs on my Core5, but could provide some edge-case headroom.   Main use case would be OSD for guest rooms without T4 and where guests may find OSD easier than installing C4 app on phones.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, RAV said:

Yes, but it's less of a processor, so keep that in mind.

Comparison to Core 1
2 core CPU vs 4
3 IO Ports (1 Serial IR combo and 2 IR) vs 2 combo and 2 IR
No Digital Audio Output
No External Antenna
No LAN switch
No POE

In terms of processing power it should be as good or better than an EA-1 though, correct?

I wonder what the expected use cases are.  Like standalone (pricey) universal remote?   If you have a Neeo or Halo, how much would people use OSD?  Maybe it's just generally good business to give people a (relative) easy onramp to the ecosystem?  And then be able to tell people a nice story about being able to "upgrade" without tossing anything?

1 minute ago, cnicholson said:

how much would people use OSD

That HDMI still outputs audio.

And yes it's a standalone room/system set - and I would assume that part of it's underlying intend is to be a potential step in to larger systems. This would be no different than offering iPhone SE editions, Switch LITE editions and Sonos PLAY:1 or ROAM.

A perfectly fine stand alone product that does exactly what it claims to do. And is likely to get you exposed, interested and maybe even drawn into a larger eco system. 🤷‍♂️

49 minutes ago, cnicholson said:

I wonder what the expected use cases are.  Like standalone (pricey) universal remote?   If you have a Neeo or Halo, how much would people use OSD?  Maybe it's just generally good business to give people a (relative) easy onramp to the ecosystem?  And then be able to tell people a nice story about being able to "upgrade" without tossing anything?

$850 MSRP US with a SR260 puts it near to a ProControl ($650) or URC (~$600) and gets the end user a whole lot more; growth ability, music streaming, on screen, remote support, included app, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.