C4 Forums | Control4

Multi-room Audio

EA-3 Controller

AMS8 Audio Matrix

PAMP8-100 Amp

I inherited the equipment above in my new home and I'm having trouble setting up multi-room audio properly. what is the best way to achieve this? I'd rather not have to deal with the C4 app, so I'm trying to create a unique spotify connect for each room. I've added a Spotify connect driver within each room in Composer pro. However, no matter which spotify connect I choose, it will play audio in every room connected to the amp. Any help would really be appreciated. thanks!

Screenshot 2023-05-30 154358.png

Matrix.png

Amp.png

Controller.png

In your EA3 connections you only have one output feeding matrix, so you'll only be able to have one stream active at a time.

Also, in your Matrix connections, you have assigned volume controls but not audio selection to you endpoint rooms.  It should look more like this:

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 9.33.12 AM.png

Why not pay an expert a few bucks for initial set-up, then you can tweak thing yourself later if needed?

I figured it out. Although the dip switches were set correctly for zone input. The amp settings within composer were not. Once i set them to zone input i can change the stream to different rooms

Do people typically have a Spotify connect for each room, or do they manage rooms via the C4 app? It works well through the C4 app for me. When I switch rooms via Spotify, it doesn't turn off the previous room even though I have it set to in the composer settings.

Also, this amp appears to have a few dead zones/channels. Are these amps known to go bad?

Thanks

image.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.