C4 Forums | Control4

Trouble With Samsung Blue Ray

I have a new Samsung Blue Ray player that is Netflix ready. The remote for the samsung has 4 colored buttons (Red/Blue/Green/Yellow) on it to control the internet ready apps (Netflix, Blockbuster, Pandora and Youtube). These services work fine with the samsung remote. I used a Samsung driver for the player that is not the exact model and it works fine except the colored buttons for the internet apps. I tried to edit the driver with the factory Samsung remote for the green button (netflix), and Composer said new code was accepted. Problem is that the Green button on the control4 remote does not operate like the Samsung. Any suggestions?

they are usually already in the driver, just map colored buttons to proper codes, you can program it if you don't have composerpro, but it sounds like you do since you were able to edit driver

in system design click on the bluray driver and in the middle part of composer (properties) you will see programmable remote buttons: red, green, yellow, blue,

you can map codes to them.

I did that and they don't work even though Composer Saw new IRcommands.

I'm not sure how you're doing it but they do work with the driver in the database because I'm doing it on mine. I did have to learn the pause, disc menu, and popup menu codes though.

http://asia.cnet.com/digitalliving/smackdown/0,3800004923,62053891,00.htm

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+Blu-ray+Disc+Player+with+1080p+Output+-+Black/Red/9213246.p?skuId=9213246&id=1218060486931#tabbed-customerreviews

This is just one out of many..........but look at reviews on bestbuy and other sites. I should not say that Samsung SUCKS but for the $$$, as I said " IMO" = (in my opinion) LG is better blu-ray player for the $$.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a Samsung Blue Ray added to my system...I used a little older driver for it which was already done. I am just missing the pause button but my dealer tried to program it and as soon as we learn the new pause command with the IR, it says it detected a new frequency but still recognizes a code for it and then the driver doesnt work for many buttons...pretty strange. Any ideas ? I just operate without the pause button at the moment...

I did try to edit the driver in notepad by pasting the actual IR code for it directly but that didnt work either

mmm.. If someone can get this workin' properly or has another blueray player that also does YouTube, netflix and the like, with a proper working driver...suddenly the lack of these features on the C4media player doesn't seem so bad afterall..:cool:

Mine works, only trouble is spelling out searches in Youtube. And the PQ of youtube isn't great on a 50" HDTV anyway. Would rather watch on a PC.

Archived