C4 Forums | Control4

iOS control4 app

The last week I’ve been having problems using the app is it just me or is everyone having this problem. I get an error unable to validate your account. Please check email and password and try again (401). My email and password are correct I close app out and it sometimes lets me get in and seems to happen more and more but not always able to get in I tried to uninstall and reinstall same problem 

1 hour ago, Rickrozay said:

The last week I’ve been having problems using the app is it just me or is everyone having this problem. I get an error unable to validate your account. Please check email and password and try again (401). My email and password are correct I close app out and it sometimes lets me get in and seems to happen more and more but not always able to get in I tried to uninstall and reinstall same problem 

Unfortunately it’s only you, no known IOS or Android app issues are surfaced, we are enjoying a pretty stable release after release, can u check if you have Extend Sync turned on, turn this off, also is this consistent on LAN and Mobile network as well? Is this a new phone? Have your dealer check the status of your controller, u might need a reboot, can’t tell without peaking at it first!

8 hours ago, Rickrozay said:

Check on customer.control4.com. click users and devices and make sure the email is verified. 

Unfortunately, my own phone has been doing this as well.  Seems it only happens after the app has been running in the background for a while.  Open the app back up and same result, "unable to authenticate please log in".

I log in with the correct credentials and it still just hangs and doesn't connect, so then I force close app again.  Open it back up and it's connected.

Since I noticed this a week or so ago, I've just been force closing the app after every time I use it and hasn't happened since.

13 hours ago, Rickrozay said:

4 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Unfortunately, my own phone has been doing this as well.  Seems it only happens after the app has been running in the background for a while.  Open the app back up and same result, "unable to authenticate please log in".

I log in with the correct credentials and it still just hangs and doesn't connect, so then I force close app again.  Open it back up and it's connected.

Since I noticed this a week or so ago, I've just been force closing the app after every time I use it and hasn't happened since.

This was happening to my wife and I as well. Suspect it may be related to the latest iOS security update. (1) Deleting the app from both phones, (2) force closing all apps then hard resetting the phones and (3) reinstalling the app fixed the issue 👍.

(Note: Not sure if step 2 actually matters, but I do it as a matter of practice when reinstalling apps in the hope of purging any cache/data I can.)

I haven’t seen this specific issue, but I have been having issues with app lag/tracking after it’s been running in the background. When I bring the app back up it will show me one screen and when I go to click on something it will refresh quickly to a different screen which results in my clicking something I didn’t want. Like a new source when I thought I was going to change the volume.  Gets really annoying. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.