C4 Forums | Control4

Core ZWave Plug-In Options

I mainly use Lutron Caseta for lighting, but my daughter has some twinkle lights that don't seem to work with the Caseta plug-in lamp dimmer. I even tried to plug in other devices into the other outlet of the Caseta, since that has worked with other string lights, but I don't think the twinkle lights are compatible with the dimmer feature. Does anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive plug-in that works with the new Z-Wave feature of the Core controllers? 

Not zwave, but have you tried the tplink kasa stuff? There is an excellent driver for it as well. 

Thanks!! Just found a four pack of the Kasa plug ins on an Amazon Prime Day sale. Do these need a hub or will they work with C4 without one? Is the driver paid or free?

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BY96 said:

Thanks!! Just found a four pack of the Kasa plug ins on an Amazon Prime Day sale. Do these need a hub or will they work with C4 without one? Is the driver paid or free?

Thanks again!

Paid driver 

Just now, BY96 said:

Thanks again!

No hub needed, they are wifi. The driver is a paid driver and is well worth it. They redid it as an agent so once it's installed you can add devices yourself. 

I was going to ask how to turn the Kasa outlets into lights in HE so they would show up in the C4 app, but figured that out. Now I am wondering if there is a way to leave a plug as an outlet but still have it show up in the app, or must it become a light to be used in the app?

2 hours ago, BY96 said:

I was going to ask how to turn the Kasa outlets into lights in HE so they would show up in the C4 app, but figured that out. Now I am wondering if there is a way to leave a plug as an outlet but still have it show up in the app, or must it become a light to be used in the app?

Just in case anyone was wondering, The Auto Setup Outlet Light Action in the outlets accomplishes that (just need to hide the outlets then)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.