C4 Forums | Control4

New Router, lost C4

2 minutes ago, Jelhaddad said:

Hey Everyone,

I'm sure this is a very common problem. I upgraded my router and the company that installed my C4 no longer supports it. How can I get my EA1 back up and running?

Is that your only controller?  Find a remote dealer here.  By changing your router your IP scheme likely changed 

Yeah its just an EA1 controlling my AV surround and door lock. Is it not possible to adjust the static IPs on my new router?

I used to work for the company that did my install and would charge quite a bit for simple tasks like this, was hoping to avoid it.

As Eggzlot said, you'd need to replicate the settings from your old router to your new one. If you can't, you'll need a network engineer at a minimum

Also if its Orbi or Google Wifi, I'd immediately return the router (as, many devices have problems with those). What Router did you upgrade to?

It sounds like you have a pretty simple setup with only a few devices that had fixed or reserved IP addresses.  If you still have your old router and have the credentials, just power it up, get into its settings and print out the IP address space/subnet settings and any reserved IP settings.   Probably your old router was using 192.168.0.X and your new one is on 192.168.1.X (or whatever-- the point is, different).  Just set your new one to those settings (as well as moving over any MAC address IP reservations).   If this sounds confusing, then, yeah, you'll need to hire someone to help you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.