C4 Forums | Control4

Roon

Zbee

While Tidal has very high-quality music files and a broad library, its UI is crap. On my music server, I run Roon as a front end to Tidal and it is very good. 

- Is there any way to use Roon as a front end to Tidal on my C4 system?

- Is there a way to connect my music server (Salk Sounstream) to C4 and control music through it?

- Is there a way to download Tidal music on C4 for times when our internet crashes?

Thanks msgreenf, I just found this on the Roon site:

1. The Nucleus-only restriction has been removed, this module now works with all types of Roon Cores
  2. The Control4 module has been open-sourced, you can find a link to the GitHub repository below if you wish to make additional module changes

13 hours ago, Zbee said:

1. The Nucleus-only restriction has been removed, this module now works with all types of Roon Cores
  2. The Control4 module has been open-sourced, you can find a link to the GitHub repository below if you wish to make additional module changes

I am doing exactly what you're looking to do....

Have your dealer install the drivers posted on GitHub.    https://github.com/RoonLabs/control4-roon-driver

You don't need a nucleus with these drivers, I run a macmini. Roon driver is now all opensource.

You'll have 2 ways to control music with Roon -> either through the Roon app or through Control4 interface. The Roon driver in control4 will also show tidal. So just to be really confusing, you can also control Tidal direct through control4 or via roon through control4 or through Roon direct.....

On 10/15/2023 at 3:35 PM, Zbee said:

I also use the Roon driver.  It is pretty good, and it is certainly miles better than my alternative, which is the (crippled) Sonos driver. However, the Roon C4 interface is much more stripped down than what you are used to seeing in the Roon app. It is also buggy, and, since Roon has basically washed its hands of the driver's continued development, those bugs are likely there to stay.  On the plus side though, it is free and works with any kind of Roon core, so you've got nothing to lose by giving it a shot!

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

For those of you using the Roon driver on Control4, are we supposed to see album art on the touch screens? I just see the plain roon logo and no meta data

I have 1 room in my home that requires Roon to control the HiFi Audio source

I get album art.  What are you using for the source through Roon?

1 hour ago, JSTRONG said:

Rs130 Rose mofi is the source. 

There are 2 drivers

1. Roon Server (latest update gets rid of "core")

2. your DAC

I didn't know if the rose is the server, dac or both??

FWIW, can confirm I do get the album art if source is from Roon server or Roon playing Tidal. My DACs going to C4 are Blusound and a Hifi Berry PI Hat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.