C4 Forums | Control4

Any Altice/Optimum Users Notice a Change in the UI/IR Codes

eggzlot

Yesterday I noticed some new UI tweaks to our guide, the box that appears when you type in a new channel number, etc.  Looks nicer, great

However now pressing Guide on C4 remotes do not work, and previous/recall works on only 1 of the two boxes.

What is odd, if I use the Altice remote, click on the menu, go to guide, it pops up and its fine.  But with C4 if I hit guide I get nothing and if I click menu, go to the guide and press it (as if I was using the Altice remote) I also get nothing.  So this is VERY odd if you ask me.

@lippavisual ive seen your comments on Altice/Optimum, you have any ideas or anyone else?

5 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

I don't have their service in my area.  I've just only heard the problems with them.

Do the drivers for the boxes allow setting which IR commands get sent for each C4 button press? 

yes I can program what the buttons do at the room level in C4.  the issue is there is no "guide" button on the altice remote, you have to press menu, scroll 1x to the right, then select guide.  and even when I do that with the c4 remote, it doesnt work, but if I do it with the altice remote, it works....

2 hours ago, lippavisual said:

I don't have their service in my area.  I've just only heard the problems with them.

Do the drivers for the boxes allow setting which IR commands get sent for each C4 button press? 

I am told the driver is not editable.  I used HE to fire off some stock commands, and same issue as if I am using my C4 remote

On 10/18/2023 at 11:20 AM, eggzlot said:

I am told the driver is not editable.

Is it IR? If it is, it's editable, if it has a matching service icon, it's just not editable through the built-in wizard (directly).

Unfortunately, no we don't have those here so I can't help overly much, unles you can get updated hex codes.

3 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Is it IR? If it is, it's editable, if it has a matching service icon, it's just not editable through the built-in wizard (directly).

Unfortunately, no we don't have those here so I can't help overly much, unles you can get updated hex codes.

I've posted here, DSLReports.com, AVSForum (under the Remote Control forum) and on Reddit - plus I emailed Sagemcom support as well.  Any other tips on where one can find hex codes?

35 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Not really. They could be learned by c4, or even via harmony, provided the remote has all the buttons you need....

Do you have an exact model number of the box in question?

The box is sagemcom dgci384 based on the label under the box

It really is odd because the supplied remote (which works off Bluetooth) doesn’t have a guide button. You need to press menu then scroll to guide.  The old SA 8300 driver had a direct launch for guide and it worked. 

furthermore as said up thread - another oddity is pressing menu then scrolling to guide w the sr 250 wont pull up the guide but using the OEM remote hitting those keystrokes consecutive will work

I'l shamelessly bump once more time but with it, I share a joke

I was chatting with Optimum support - after my inquiry they said let me get Level 2 support so I am put on hold, level 2 support joins the chat.  after reading my question/issue at hand, they said let me investigate, they come back 2-3 minutes later and say ok, let's troubleshoot.  first question, does your internet work.....  *sigh* - maybe I am rude, but I am short on time, I said this is the wrong chapter of your support guide, the person said please work with us, do you have internet, I asked if they knew what an IR code was and they said they need to check my internet to see if that is why the IR codes arent working.  and to think these people are PAID support....

• 3 weeks later...

Almost been a month - shameless bump.  Anyone?  No one has any Sagemcom boxes in the field that have suddenly stopped working with IR codes?

I've found some people on Reddit have had IR issues too recently - but they are using different universal remote systems - but the problems still persist and their issues are identical.

I am mostly missing Page Up/Down, DVR, Guide, Menu, Last/Recall.  0-9 and channel up/down seem to work but that's about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.