C4 Forums | Control4

Email To SMS

ajd123

Using SMS in an automated way is going to get harder and harder while they crack down on spammers.  I get your desire. Not my intent to imply it's not valid. Using native or walking into using something like Pushover for more things could potentially retrain your brain and allow you to notice things that aren't SMS. I can empathize, but with a half dozen notification sources now and an Android phone I'm now used to using my notifications and in some ways happy they aren't texts. There is more functionality with Pushover than sms. This can be important if you need critical alerts to bypass any sleep or silence mode. 

@ajd123 Check out the C4 drivers for WhatsApp, PushSafer, and Pushover.  As Shoe states, these apps offer more flexibility than conventional SMS.  If you are determined to continue to use SMS, SMTP2GO offers the ability to generate an SMS from an email.  In such a case, you email a specific address (that you setup as an SMTP2GO sub-account) and the service re-transmits the message as if the message originated from a cell phone.  There are fees associated with this service and the cost can add up quickly.