C4 Forums | Control4

Email To SMS

ajd123

Hahaha.  I find push notifications the least effective for me.  Often times I will receive an email and not check them, especially when I’m away from my computer. For some reason when I get an SMS or text message, I seem to check it right away. 

Here’s my attempt at an answer to your question that isn’t “it’s you…you’re the problem…it’s you” (to paraphrase Taylor Swift.)

ClickSend.com is the service I’ve heard of others using for this purpose. Here’s a comparison that seems to indicate ClickSend is the best option, but there are other choices.

https://www.smscomparison.com/gateway/email-to-sms/

Let us know which one works best!

You could try this SMS driver:

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/utility/sms-sender-by-smsbox.net/

I tend to agree with you that I take note of SMSs more than push (which I often miss) and email.  I’ve never bothered to add SMS messaging though.  I also notice WhatsApps more.  If you are the same, then you may want to look at this driver:

https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/camera-intercom/message-sender/

17 hours ago, eggzlot said:

Auto forward from your email that’s already being sent?

The problem is there is nowhere to forward the email.  My provider discontinued the email address that would forward the email to a phone number / SMS (xxx-xxx-xxxx@pcs.rogers.com).

On 10/28/2023 at 1:13 PM, WhyPhy said:

Here’s my attempt at an answer to your question that isn’t “it’s you…you’re the problem…it’s you” (to paraphrase Taylor Swift.)

ClickSend.com is the service I’ve heard of others using for this purpose. Here’s a comparison that seems to indicate ClickSend is the best option, but there are other choices.

https://www.smscomparison.com/gateway/email-to-sms/

Let us know which one works best!

Tried ClickSend.  Overly complicated, requires subscription and also requires additional subscription with another website to make it work :(

Seems like there is no simple solution.  Sadly my service provider decided to can this feature without any notice or alternative solutions put in place.

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Use notification channels and priorities to make the c4 notifications via push a different sound and activity. That will get your attention 

Will give it a shot.  Where can these settings be found?  Is it done through ComposerHE or via the Control4 app on iOS?

• 4 months later...
On 10/27/2023 at 9:05 PM, msgreenf said:

They are equally effective. They show up on the phone the same way. It's just how you have trained yourself. 

There is one more reason why SMS notification is better for me than email or Control4 push. 

Email: Some days I receive 50+ emails and it is easy for one of these notifications to get lost in the bunch.

Control4 Push: even when set to "Persistent" notifications in iOS, I feel like sometimes the notifications get missed.

When I get SMS messages, I never miss them.

2 hours ago, ajd123 said:

There is one more reason why SMS notification is better for me than email or Control4 push. 

Email: Some days I receive 50+ emails and it is easy for one of these notifications to get lost in the bunch.

Control4 Push: even when set to "Persistent" notifications in iOS, I feel like sometimes the notifications get missed.

When I get SMS messages, I never miss them.

Send the email to your mobile number?

11 minutes ago, C4 User said:

Send the email to your mobile number?

I used to do this, but my carrier (Rogers) does not allow it anymore.  This was the point of my original post "My provider discontinued the email address that would forward the email to a phone number / SMS (xxx-xxx-xxxx@pcs.rogers.com)"

7 hours ago, ajd123 said:

I used to do this, but my carrier (Rogers) does not allow it anymore.  This was the point of my original post "My provider discontinued the email address that would forward the email to a phone number / SMS (xxx-xxx-xxxx@pcs.rogers.com)"

My bad. Didn’t read the earlier text.