C4 Forums | Control4

Downgrading Controller Updates

2 hours ago, Dinushan Paranavithana said:

How can I downgrade the CA-10 controller from OS 3.4.0 to 3.3.2 ?

Haven't upgraded to 3.4.0 yet. Curious to know reason?  Have a CA-10 as well and in discussion with my integrator they have waited to push the update based upon specific issues they came across in upgrade and awaiting another incremental release from Snap to fix bugs they found.

3 hours ago, GregCAMS said:

Haven't upgraded to 3.4.0 yet. Curious to know reason?  Have a CA-10 as well and in discussion with my integrator they have waited to push the update based upon specific issues they came across in upgrade and awaiting another incremental release from Snap to fix bugs they found.

Would you mind giving specifics about these bugs? I'm a dealer and I'm not aware of these "bugs". I have all my clients on 3.4 with on issues..

I’ve got 2 massive projects running on CA10s and OS3.4.0 is great (and stable).  Lots of noticeable performance improvements from OS3.3.  I understand that there were a number of architectural changes (but that is hearsay) and if so, they seem to be big improvements.

The one problem that I had was that the size of my projects were both already on the edge of what C4 and even a CA10 can handle.  One of them would not come fully online after the OS3.4.0 upgrade.  That was briefly concerning but kudos to C4, their tech team (engineers) worked with my dealer and country rep as well as one of the well known driver developers to sort out the project size (primarily by optimising one particular driver that used a lot of resources).  They do tell me that my project is still too big (and had interesting facts that I can’t see normally like the fact that I have 11,000 lines of code in that project).  The C4 engineers have some cool tools.  For instance they thought they had found the problem as one of their tools identified a loop in my programming.  I think they had a good laugh when they then went to that line of code and found it commented out with a comment “Don’t enable this code - it creates a loop”.  I had forgotten that I had done this but their tools picked it up. They were also able to disable the most problematic driver without removing it from the project which bought me time while the driver developer worked in an update.  I really was hugely impressed by how Control4 handled this issue for me.

Despite the size of my projects (which have been creating problems for time, such as being unable to backup the project due to size - now fixed in OS3.4.0), I am finding OS3.4.0 phenomenally stable.

58 minutes ago, Chico said:

Would you mind giving specifics about these bugs? I'm a dealer and I'm not aware of these "bugs". I have all my clients on 3.4 with on issues..

They will be pushing a soft update out to systems tomorrow to fix a known bug with a specific API call, I forget which one was having issues but not all drivers use it. From the 3.4 upgrades I have done I do know they updated how director handles AV paths. 2 Systems I ran into this same issue which worked fine prior to 3.4

Sources into an HDMI matrix with audio extraction. Extracted audio into an audio matrix along with audio path from controller. HDMI matrix HDMI to an AVR, audio matrix also has an RCA connection on a different input for streaming audio to the AVR. Use to work just fine and C4 was not confused only used audio from matrix when streaming audio.

What it now does. From an off state to any source image and audio are selected correctly. Switching to a new source then has the AVR select the input from the audio matrix so there is audio but no image. Was able to fix one with programming the other I fixed with AV path setter drivers.

Also they remove terminal access as of 3.4

2 minutes ago, TFlury said:

They will be pushing a soft update out to systems tomorrow to fix a known bug with a specific API call, I forget which one was having issues but not all drivers use it. From the 3.4 upgrades I have done I do know they updated how director handles AV paths. 2 Systems I ran into this same issue which worked fine prior to 3.4

Sources into an HDMI matrix with audio extraction. Extracted audio into an audio matrix along with audio path from controller. HDMI matrix HDMI to an AVR, audio matrix also has an RCA connection on a different input for streaming audio to the AVR. Use to work just fine and C4 was not confused only used audio from matrix when streaming audio.

What it now does. From an off state to any source image and audio are selected correctly. Switching to a new source then has the AVR select the input from the audio matrix so there is audio but no image. Was able to fix one with programming the other I fixed with AV path setter drivers.

Also they remove terminal access as of 3.4

and it's a fix for the fix :) the original fix had an issue...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.