C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody subscriptions

I signed up for Rhapsody and it seems to be working well through my HC-500. But I noticed that it doesn't seem to count as one of the 3 authorizations that I get included with the subscription. That's pretty cool I guess. But I don't really want/need Rhapsody on a computer (much less 3) at the house since I have C4. What I would REALLY like is to have Rhapsody on my iPhone or iPod Touch, but they want $15/month for a ToGo subscription.

Has anyone ever tried to get them to bundle the regular + the ToGo for a better price? I'd gladly trade those extra home authorizations for a ToGo subscription.

I'm still paying the regular price, $12.99/month. Just joined in November so I thought I'd wait before I pulled the ol' "I'm gonna cancel if you don't lower it" routine.

I guess I'm an idiot for not realizing that the To Go included the Unlimited (seems kind counter intuitive to me, but what do I know).

I guess I'll have them switch it over for a couple bucks more a month.

thanks guys!

I tried this scenario this Christmas Eve. I purchased an 32g itouch and the plan was that use it for the C4 app and to down stream music on to the Itouch so that I could listen to rhapsody tracks in my car . So I called Rhapsody upgraded my subscription to Rhapsody To Go. I found out the hard way that you can't downstream music on the Itouch . It is possible with other compatible MP3 products, but not with Apple products. You can purchase the tracks for $1 a track or listen music via wifi at home or work. The c4 app is on hold due to $300.00 license needed. After upgrading to Rhapsody To Go C4 Rhapsody stop working. It would play one track and stop working. Good news is that after going back to Rhapsody Unlimited it's back up and working.

Not familiar with the Itouch just occurred to me that you may not have internet access on it. That could be the BIG difference as the To-Go piece is still streaming not actually local to the device. Hope that makes sense.

I bought a Touch to stream Rhapsody at work via WiFi. It seems to play for a few songs and then stop, saying that the connection to Rhapsody is unavailable. Several reviews for the Rhapsody app report the same thing.

I may just go back to the Unlimited plan and use Pandora instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I'm new to C4 and live in UK.

I (and my dealer) are installing a system as we speak and my question concerns music streaming from an internet service. We can't get rhapsody in th UK. Is there any other means of streaming internet music with control4 that may be used in the UK? I know sonos is coming on line but I don't really want to buy a sonos zone player for each zone as I have already paid out for a C4 8 zone amp and an HC300 controller.

Any help would be gratefully recieved

Cheers

:)

So does that mean I need two controllers to input the matrix, if I want to listen to one stream in the kitchen and my daughter wants to listen to a different stream in her bedroom ?

Thanks for the help

Bets wishes

Uninitiated UK

Exactly. You need one per stream. If you want 5 simultaneous streams, you will need 5 players. You need to look at it like a CD player.

Ooooh... I was a bit shocked that MrC4 thought only one stream could be played at a time :)

Now it makes sense.

I routinely have two and three different simultaneous streams at my place...that is one of my favorite things about the system.

• 2 years later...

I plan to go to the states (LA) soon and would like to purchase a hc800 controller

Where can I get these (ie retail outlets ?) or do I have to go through an installer - I have looked on the internt from the UK to no avail

Cheers

Typically Control4 is only available as a dealer-installed system.

The only retail outlet I know of that sells Control4 is Magnolia Hi-Fi, in select Best Buy stores, but even there, it's not DIY install, cash-and-carry. They're more like a specialty dealer, who still will expect to do the install.

RyanE

OK

Thanks for that

it looks like ebay !

I think I really want a hc800 (as does everybody) .

I have a simple system using HC300 as controller and I was wondering whether to get a cheaper hc1000 on ebay or go for the new HC800 - which retails for £1050 ($1600) in the UK. I don't need much zigbee pro as all lights run through mode system which is wired but controlled by C4

I do occasionally use navigator on tv's (although I am thinking of moving to apple (itouch) controllers) so would HC 800 give me that much improvement over the HC300/1000 combo ?

Any advice appreciated

OK

Thanks for that

it looks like ebay !

I think I really want a hc800 (as does everybody) .

I have a simple system using HC300 as controller and I was wondering whether to get a cheaper hc1000 on ebay or go for the new HC800 - which retails for £1050 ($1600) in the UK. I don't need much zigbee pro as all lights run through mode system which is wired but controlled by C4

I do occasionally use navigator on tv's (although I am thinking of moving to apple (itouch) controllers) so would HC 800 give me that much improvement over the HC300/1000 combo ?

Any advice appreciated

I would go with the 800. Think about the future.

Archived