C4 Forums | Control4

Cindev - Vestaboard Driver

Overview

Vestaboard brings the best of digital and analog together into a beautiful piece of split-flap display hardware. Control the board from anywhere using the Control4 driver, and have your messages appear in a satisfying mechanical performance, making your home or office feel more personal and interactive.

To learn more about Vestaboard and its features, check out vestaboard.com

Features

• Allows you to update the board's text from anywhere with the Control4 webview
  • The webview will automatically update when the board's message has been changed, even if it was changed by other interfaces
  • Create events that trigger upon the board's message being changed
  • Three different icon styles to personalize the Control4 interface. There is the Vestaboard logo, and black or white Vestaboard displays

vestaboard[Heading].png

22 hours ago, Cinegration said:

Control the board from anywhere using the Control4 driver

Link to driver?   Is this just a webview to manually use their web interface or can I programmatically control the Vestaboard from Composer programming (hopefully with some variable manipulation and not just static text).

When I saw the Vestaboard for first time, my first question was about C4 integration-- so hopefully this is now supported.  Awesome product, but pricey for sure.  I love the retro-future hybrid vibe of the thing.

Hi,

The driver url is here: https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/utility/vestaboard/

We did enable composer programming for you and allow for variable injection ;)

Full docs explain everything but it's basically:

For Composer Variables... use this syntax: {variable_name}.  Example, if you made a composer variable (weather report) then to inject it, you'd type {weather report}.

For other drivers variables, use: {deviceId:variable_name} Example, if the Yale doorlock has a deviceId of 992 (yale last user is listed under var name: LAST_UNLOCKED_BY) and you're wanting the vesta to say 'Hello Username' then you'd  use "Hello {992:LAST_UNLOCKED_BY}" 

If you need any additional programming hooks or commands, let us know and we'd be happy to look at implementing.

Thanks!

Cindev Driver Team

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.