C4 Forums | Control4

C4 music streamer C4-WMB-B still useful?

I exclusively use the WMB for streaming from my iphone(s) to the distributed audio. For me there was such a massive delay with integrated shairplay function for all functions (pause, play, change track, volume change, etc.) that it was unusable, and I don't know how anyone else deals with it. The WMB occasionally will have some issues especially if audio is paused for a long time, or if it is interrupted with a phone call, then you have to manually reconnect to it.

37 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

? Probably because we don't see it? Matter of milliseconds in all my systems...

really? I originally had an EA3, and now have an EA5 running my system, and just tried it again 2 minutes ago to see if it was an old issue that was resolved. It's literally 3-5 seconds for it to respond to volume changes, song changes, play/pause etc. I'm just using Youtube Music, and airplay on an Iphone 14 Pro. I've had this issue across multiple iOS devices and multiple C4 controllers now. Any thoughts? Am I the only one with this issue?

2 minutes ago, bballjn64 said:

really? I originally had an EA3, and now have an EA5 running my system, and just tried it again 2 minutes ago to see if it was an old issue that was resolved. It's literally 3-5 seconds for it to respond to volume changes, song changes, play/pause etc. I'm just using Youtube Music, and airplay on an Iphone 14 Pro. I've had this issue across multiple iOS devices and multiple C4 controllers now. Any thoughts? Am I the only one with this issue?

Never had that reported either

1 hour ago, bballjn64 said:

Really.

If DIGITIZING something from a piece of hardware, (ie record player, cd player or 3rd party streamer to controller) then yes a 2 second delay occurs, but I've never noticed anything of the sort myself, nor had any client complain on it (and I use shairbridge on EVERY system I deal with as a test source)

Understand: not saying you're imagining it: but it's not normal at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.