C4 Forums | Control4

C4 music streamer C4-WMB-B still useful?

Does the old 2013 music streamer work with EA and core processors running OS3? Would be great for a separated patio with ethernet connection. Can it stream music from the controller?

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

you aren't going to like the price...haha...its over 1k MSRP.

Wow have been waiting for this to show up on snapone for a while... The price though... IDK was really hoping this would help compete with Sonos amps... 

8 hours ago, Cooper said:

Does the old 2013 music streamer work with EA and core processors running OS3? Would be great for a separated patio with ethernet connection. Can it stream music from the controller?

The old wireless music bridge is still technically supported, but it didn't do what you think it did.

It allowed Airplay (now native) to be added AND bluetooth (which is still not there). The problem with bluetooth was range, and these things all to often needed to go in a metal closed rack in a corner of  a house...

At any rate, it did not OUTPUT an audio stream from the system, it was intended to add an output airplay/bluetooth into a matrix or into a controller for digitization.

If all you want is a stream to feed a local amp, then the cheapest option is a simple audio over ethernet balun set connected to an existing (free) controller output (or matrix output for that matter).

3 hours ago, Shoe said:

Looks good if you need it though. 400 watts. Digital inputs.

The biggest thing in my mind is the fact that it supports eARC. Being a 'control4' piece that indicates a possible cleaner eARC support solution is coming (now if the eARC guys could figure out a way to have a dedicated CEC only for eARC purposes......)

15 minutes ago, Shoe said:

eARC and then can moip it to other rooms.

I would not assume it can eARC the source over moip, it's supposed to be counted as a MoiP audio output transmitter similarly to how controller outputs count as moip audio transmitters (in other words, you can moip one more stream).

How Moip transmitters and C4 controllers/outputs work is it's own discussion though (I'll stick to it sort of sucks as it doesn't ADD streams, just uses up streams)

8 minutes ago, Shoe said:

That's fair.

image.png.96d781e50afe0b11992ff77072598f77.png

If you think you're pointing out that you're not assuming but reading it: No you are not.

It doesn't STATE that eARC can be send over Moip.

The way that's written it doesn't clarify a whole lot at all, and most likely -to me at least- means that much like a controller, adding an SA1 means you're adding a Ryff to Moip transmitter. https://www.control4.com/help/bin/moip/900-ig/Content/Ryff to MoIP.htm

In other words similar to a controller (or a TriadOne for that matter)

Presumably it can feed the analogue input (Like a controller, or a TriadOne), maybe even the optical or digi coax) input (which he TriadOne cannot) though I doubt it.

I very much doubt it'll do eARC (with Atmos down sampling to stereo) to Ryff at all, let alone do it as a (Ryff to) MoiP transmitter.

49 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

f you think you're pointing out that you're not assuming but reading it: No you are not.

I am pointing out what you said was fair and that what it says in the document is not specific by including an image of the marketing material. Other documents on MOIP with other devices say you can enable audio return and assign the return path as HDMI and then you get a transmitter to assign. This assumed that the device downmixes the audio. But who knows if this device has the ability.

18 minutes ago, Shoe said:

What kind of control do you get with Control4? Can you initiate a Bluetooth pairing from Control4 or does it require pressing the button on the front?

image.png.dd3f1244e48dba2147fc6c568cda8ca9.png

Don't recall and won't be able to test for a few days

54 minutes ago, Shoe said:

What kind of control do you get with Control4? Can you initiate a Bluetooth pairing from Control4 or does it require pressing the button on the front?

It looks to me like you have to press the button to initiate Bluetooth pairing.  There aren't any programming commands on the driver.

I don't know how the bluetooth reconnect to an already paired device works, sorry, don't have time to test that.

That said, if you're doing AirPlay2 from an Apple device, you can directly start AirPlay2 streaming on it, and it will (optionally) start playing in the specified room(s), and (optionally) shut off after the stream stops.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.