C4 Forums | Control4

Lost Control of AppleTVs

Control4 Director Version 3.3.0

Navigator iOS App version: 324.6.0

Was working over the weekend no issues.

Control4 (remotes and Control4 iOS app) will control TVs, AVRs (volume, sources, etc), but none of the controls work on AppleTV (for play, pause, FF, REW, menu, home, etc).  The native iOS remote app will control AppleTV, so I know that the AppleTVs are on the network properly and are able to be controlled through iOS.

Already rebooted AppleTV and Control4 - still same issue.

Only thing I can even think of that was updated was Apple Home App asked to "Update the Home" (or something like that) just within the Apple Home app.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

Control4 Director Version 3.3.0

Navigator iOS App version: 324.6.0

Was working over the weekend no issues.

Control4 (remotes and Control4 iOS app) will control TVs, AVRs (volume, sources, etc), but none of the controls work on AppleTV (for play, pause, FF, REW, menu, home, etc).  The native iOS remote app will control AppleTV, so I know that the AppleTVs are on the network properly and are able to be controlled through iOS.

Already rebooted AppleTV and Control4 - still same issue.

Only thing I can even think of that was updated was Apple Home App asked to "Update the Home" (or something like that) just within the Apple Home app.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Same issue here. Need to have dealer reinstall appletv ip driver to fix the issue caused by HomeKit upgrade. If you use IR the HomeKit upgrade shouldn’t have caused a problem but suspect you have ip control. 

I haven’t seen this yet but there is a refresh (or some such) program command (can also be run as a driver action within HE) on the Apple Bridge driver that often fixes issues like this.  I have added this command to my start up programming so rebooting my controller always does this which means I often miss these upgrade challenges…

10 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Try disabling and re-enabling the Apple TV control setting in the Control4 iOS app settings. That has fixed it for the majority of my clients who have been hitting this over the past month or so. 

Tried, in the current version of the iOS app it results in error message:

Apple TV Control

Unable to remove Apple TV integration.

FIXED IT - DOES NOT REQUIRE A SERVICE CALL FOR THOSE USERS WITH COMPOSER HE:

1) Open Composer HE

2) Go to Cloud > Apple Bridge > Actions Tab

3) Click REFRESH

4) Go to iOS Control4 App > Settings > Preferences > Apple TV Control (it will now be switched off) > Turn it ON

5) Follow steps in iOS Control4 App (Apple Home pop-up screen comes up in app) to add Control4 EA Controller Family bridge and remotes (I don't think it matters what "room" you put them in, just add them all back - I had 2 remotes)

6) Once done the setting in the iOS Control4 App for Apple TV Control will be switched back to ON

It should then be fixed.

PS - this is crappy that the Apple Home update breaks the integration requiring the above.

16 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

yeah, skip past that error, go back, then back into it and enable it

Mine would not allow any toggle of the setting in the iOS app until Refreshed in Composer HE.  Thanks for pointing in the right direction chopedogg88 !!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.