C4 Forums | Control4

Josh and Roku?

Shoe

I'm liking the deep linking that Josh can do with a Roku. I have mostly NVIDIA Shields, but bought a Roku because Josh has good control here.

How does this integration with Roku work when you have it also integrated with C4? I guess I want C4 to control the room and want Josh to have some deep linking. Asking Josh to play XYZ when the room is off is working, but it's not turning on the AVR. I have optical out on the TV to the rack.

7 minutes ago, Shoe said:

I'm liking the deep linking that Josh can do with a Roku. I have mostly NVIDIA Shields, but bought a Roku because Josh has good control here.

How does this integration with Roku work when you have it also integrated with C4? I guess I want C4 to control the room and want Josh to have some deep linking. Asking Josh to play XYZ when the room is off is working, but it's not turning on the AVR. I have optical out on the TV to the rack.

not sure on that one - if not already done so can e-mail their support as I get responses within minutes even as a customer (support@josh.ai).  Alternatively, recommend joining the Josh.ai Pro community on FB to pose said question as they monitor that very closely and provide guidance and support.  Wish could be more help.

Josh support told me they don't have the staff to respond to customers and I'm told the facebook group is dealers. Since customers have control over this in the portal I guess I'm trying on the customer hat. I also like forums a good bit better than chat style when it comes to product discussions. Forums are self documenting knowledge bases.

surprising on the former as that's not been my experience.  Assume you bought thru a dealer they may be able to connect.  on the FB community I was able to gain access to both the standard community and the dealers and got answers from dealers, company reps and third party hardware company reps.  I applied to be part of the community and took about 60 minutes later was added.  Agree on forums and wanted provide alternate paths here just in case. BOL

All of the Josh AV routing is pulled in from C4. In your C4 project, make sure the Roku is in the room you are wanting to send Josh commands to and it’s working in your C4 project. Passthru should be set to on in the C4 driver and be sure to leave “Roku”unhidden in the C4 navigators. That’s annoying, but necessary for deeplinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The passthrough seems to impact the ability to control the app from the SR260. But it may be something is getting lost in keeping the state. I'm still working on figuring out what sequence messing things up. I think I have an issue when I tell josh to Play something in the room. I think after that the control on the AVR is out of sync. But, I am not certain.

I do have some programming to turn on the AVR when the room power changes. Perhaps that's impact things. What I have is a Roku attached to a Samsung TV then SPDIF out of the TV to a balun then to SPDIF and an Onkyo receiver configured for five channels. This is working with control4. It can work with Josh, but it's not 100%.

When you said you needed to keep the Roku visible for the room does that include the app switcher and "roku apps"?

Leave the app switcher unhidden.  Normally, this is only necessary for deeplinking.  Unhide all Roku for that room on that room.  Your mini apps, player and switcher.  

The Josh driver picks up audio routing, so if this all works as it should with a C4 remote, it should be working in Josh. 

If you’d like, I can have a look tomorrow if you link me.  Juat message me and I’ll give you my email to link me temporarily.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.