C4 Forums | Control4

Hardwired Humidity Senosr

Can anyone suggest a solution/product that would allow me to hardwire and hide a humidity sensor INSIDE a bathroom exhaust fan? 

I want my Control4 system to turn the fans on/off based on humidity levels at the respective location.

Are you opposed to simply using a bathroom fan that has a built in humidity sensor or a switch with humidity sensor built in? Both are readily available and don't require programming.

image.png.3cc3d556b2382a1f3c841f0bff5b2ffc.png

23 minutes ago, Shoe said:

Are you opposed to simply using a bathroom fan that has a built in humidity sensor or a switch with humidity sensor built in? Both are readily available and don't require programming.

image.png.3cc3d556b2382a1f3c841f0bff5b2ffc.png

Thought about this but:

1) changing bathrooms fans to humidity sensing fan is cost prohibitive.

2) don’t have space for a humidity sensing switch.  

If we move forward with the bathroom automation, there will be one C4 Keypad, a blank off plate and 2 x Shelly 2pm’s.   new the space behind the blank off plate for the Shelly hardware. 

At this point just considering using some Shelly H&T Gen 3s.

Can I assume you just built the house and the bathroom fans are new? Do you know the model of fan and have you removed the cover to see what is there?

Humidity switches are only about 1" deep. You should have enough room for Shelly.

9 hours ago, Shoe said:

Can I assume you just built the house and the bathroom fans are new? Do you know the model of fan and have you removed the cover to see what is there?

House was built in 2020.  Bathroom fans are predominantly Panasonic FV-0510VSL1 

9 hours ago, Shoe said:

Humidity switches are only about 1" deep. You should have enough room for Shelly.

I will look into this.  However, I like the idea of being able to automate my exhaust fans via the Control4 system.

Just get a z2io and it runs off wall power. Has temp and humidity.  

I think he’s trying to bury something in the fan housing … at least that’s my understanding. I think the H&T is all he needs. Program the wall switch against the H&T conditionals. When humidity is =>?%, fire fan switch. And the follow up conditionals, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ajd123 said:

Panasonic FV-0510VSL1 

There is another version of this fan with model number FV-0510VSCL1 that has humidity sensing built in. Most ceiling fans are a basic metal box with a junction box and a plug that a motor assembly plugs in. In the past the plug was an actual ungrounded two prong. These days a lot of the nicer fans use a molex or other type plug for the fan assembly. There is a very strong chance you can change your fan motor with the motor from the FV-0510VSCL1 in just a few minutes by popping the cover off, unplugging the light assembly, removing the few screws and unplugging the motor assembly and then the reverse with the other motor and control box.

If you go that route you can probably skip a relay.

BTW: I like that model line of fan. Low profile and wall mountable. Also good for basement ventilation since they have one that is a constant on at a low adjustable cfm.