C4 Forums | Control4

Screensaver Agent not working on OS3.4.1

I’m seeing a few issues on the screensaver agent on the latest OS. Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions.

At both my residences, I can’t view the photos in the Media tab for the Screensaver.  I get an invalid location message.  Which is nonsense as I can in fact add photos (via the media tab) and they get added to the screensavers and I see them appearing on my touchscreen.

Much more seriously, at my Beach house, I have both T3s and T4s and following the first hard reboot after the latest OS update from a few weeks ago, the T4s have stopped showing any screensavers. When a screensaver is present (be it photos, custom with album artwork or date and time), the T4s simply show a blank screen.  

I have tried the obvious things (rebooting the T4s, a complete rack reboot and refreshing navigators) - none of these work.  I also checked an EA controller OSD and the screensaver is working fine there.  As I have more than one T4 in the setup, it can’t  / shouldn’t be hardware.  I haven’t checked the other AA and core controllers but assume they all work fine.

Would really appreciate any suggestions as I did the reboot this morning and I already have family members moaning about the “digital photo frames” not working.  One doesn’t realise how cool it is until it vanishes.

As I’ve not had this problem at my main residence (which also has T4s in the setup), I have to assume that something about my Beach House project is unique and creating the issue in OS3.4.1.  The only thing I can think of is the fact that I have T3s and T4s.  I don’t have any T3s at my main residence.  Either that or some software patch was pushed in the last few days and broke my T4s and I will find the same issue when I go back to my main residence if I do a reboot…

TIA

I had a similar problem but with OSDs. Completely configuring the setting for the screensaver in composer pro fixed the issue. I also removed and readded the screensaver agent.

It's not a T3 vs T4 or a combo option: they're working just fine for me here (literaly, I can see a T3 and a T4 from where I'm typing this, and both are using photo screensaver).

4 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I can’t view the photos in the Media tab for the Screensaver.  I get an invalid location message.  Which is nonsense as I can in fact add photos (via the media tab) and they get added to the screensavers and I see them appearing on my touchscreen.

This part I don't know about BTW - I'm talking about the photo screensaver working as such.

4 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

One doesn’t realise how cool it is until it vanishes.

Right? Same here, if they don't work I get complaints quicker than if a TV doesn't work.

Anyway, i did have a small issues after a recent update, where photos were frozen and Composer was throwing similar errors - in my case the USB stick that holds my pictures was in unknown stae - i ONLY rebooted the contreoller that had it inserted and things came back - might be worth a try if that's how you're doing it.

What is your storage setup ... using a NAS?

4 hours ago, Cyknight said:

It's not a T3 vs T4 or a combo option: they're working just fine for me here (literaly, I can see a T3 and a T4 from where I'm typing this, and both are using photo screensaver).

This part I don't know about BTW - I'm talking about the photo screensaver working as such.

Right? Same here, if they don't work I get complaints quicker than if a TV doesn't work.

Anyway, i did have a small issues after a recent update, where photos were frozen and Composer was throwing similar errors - in my case the USB stick that holds my pictures was in unknown stae - i ONLY rebooted the contreoller that had it inserted and things came back - might be worth a try if that's how you're doing it.

What is your storage setup ... using a NAS?

Thanks! I m using a USB stick and have tried rebooting the controller (hosting the stick).  No luck.  What is weird is that the date screensaver is also not working on the T4s.  Nor is a custom screensaver using album artwork (and that is Tidal streaming) so basically whenever one of the T4s goes into screensaver mode, it goes to a blank screen.  And yet the T3s work perfectly. Quite bizarre!