C4 Forums | Control4

Coverart not showing for videos

This is driving me nuts. I have added media via network share, as well as a DVD changer. The videos scan in Composer, but do not show up on the director. Funny thing is, I added music albums via network share and I can see the coverart in My Library. It has something to do with the videos only. Anyone have an idea how I should go about diagnosing? I have rebooted and refreshed Navigators and HC-300 several times. I dont think it has anything to do with the network share because I did the same thing for music and it worked. I also added a dummy DVD changer and a dummy DVD to see if it worked and it did not show up either.

HC-300 (static IP)

Media Controller (slave, staic IP)

Running 1.7.4.36

Thanks Dan for trying to help. I have an XBMC media player added, and just for kicks, I added a DVD changer with some fake media in it. I cant even get the DVD Changer media to show on the GUI. I thought it was just the XBMC Media Player not picking up the covers so thats why I tried just adding a changer. The changer is bound to the living room and theater via my Audio Patch component switch.

PS. I dig the new site

I'm having a similar problem ... no cover art for movies. The movies on my NAS show up when I view the media in Composer or via the on-screen interface (file names only), but the only way to get cover art for AVI's is to manually search for it. It will find the cover art for certain ISO files though. I have 300+ movies and I was hoping this process would be automatic. My media player is a Netgear 9150. My music shows up perfectly.

I think the problem is a bit different. I get no titles in the on screen GUI even though they show up in composer. I have read that there is an automatic search issue that requires the manual search. Not sure out this but found that same topic in this forum.

I added a DVD changer with some fake media in it. I cant even get the DVD Changer media to show on the GUI. I thought it was just the XBMC Media Player not picking up the covers so thats why I tried just adding a changer. The changer is bound to the living room and theater via my Audio Patch component switch.

silly question,

did you refresh navigators after adding new dvd changer?

I just added media player, disc changer and network file share and they all work. cover art and everthing works just fine, shows up, switches where it should etc. I'm running 1.8.2 no problems.

It will be something basic you are missing but can't quess without seeing it, sorry.

Ferno

As far as favorite channels firts make sure that your "cable cloud" is connected where it should be and than in navigator properties you have to have that cloud in "visible devices"

If you have to make changes to dont forget to refresh navigator.

Hey everything, have been trying to figure out how to make my favorite cable channels show on my GUI. I have an HC 300 and its driving me crazy. Can anyone help with this issue?

Do you own a copy of Composer Home Edition?

I added a DVD changer with some fake media in it. I cant even get the DVD Changer media to show on the GUI. I thought it was just the XBMC Media Player not picking up the covers so thats why I tried just adding a changer. The changer is bound to the living room and theater via my Audio Patch component switch.

silly question' date='

did you refresh navigators after adding new dvd changer?

I just added media player, disc changer and network file share and they all work. cover art and everthing works just fine, shows up, switches where it should etc. I'm running 1.8.2 no problems.

It will be something basic you are missing but can't quess without seeing it, sorry.

Ferno

As far as favorite channels firts make sure that your "cable cloud" is connected where it should be and than in navigator properties you have to have that cloud in "visible devices"

If you have to make changes to dont forget to erefresh navigator.[/quote']

I thought the same thing, i have refreshed navigators and hard rest the HC300 and the slave media controller several times. I actually went into my network connections, found the network share folder for my HC300 and what do you know, the thumbs are actually in there. It's very odd. Any other ideas?

Rsmolo, I was just about to send it to you and then I had a break through. I deleted the network share and added it again. I then added a folder with just a few DVD and bluray iso's in it and, what do you know, they showed up. I then changed the share back to my main DVD folder with 300 DVD and bluray folders and everything disappears. I have been able to get it to show up once, but it disappears in the navigator. It's almost like C4 does not like some of the files in my main share, or there is a file conflict. My share is on a windows home server, which I don't think matters, but it's worth saying. I'm still baffled, I want to add my whole collection

I would put all matching file types in the same share, so you essentially create several different shares, one for each file type. Add the shares one at a time and see at which point it self destructs. This should expose the file type causing a problem.

Once it crashes, add the shares back in a different order, and see if the same file type crashes it, or if it is a size issue. I don't think it is a size issue because I have as many or movie as you do in one share, but you never know.

Ok, so I split up the network shares into three folders, DVD rips, Blu-Ray iso's, TV Shows. I added and refreshed navigators after each add. So far so good! I removed 3 movies that were partial rips in my movie files. I dont think they were an issue, but other than split the movie shares up, this is all I did different. I'll give it a few days to recheck, but at this point its working great!

Dan, I would not have thought this would have made a difference, but for whatever reason it worked. Thank you VERY much for helping. Its much appreciated.

Archived