C4 Forums | Control4

Monoprice HDMI Switch driver

joemci

NICE! A Control4 employee here offering to write a driver on the spot for someone! This is the type of support we need! Has C4 turned over a new leaf?

I have a serial driver for it, but I don't have it on this computer. Plus, it was written by another forum member - I'd need to get permission first.

http://www.c4forums.com/uploaded/avswitch_MonoPrice_4x4HDMI Rev3.0.c4i

I just uploaded to this site. I believe it takes a null modem cable. Pin 5 to 5, pin 2 to 3, pin 3 to 2.

Let me know if it works. One way drivers are easy. There are good instruction on how to format your serial commands in the Composer Pro User Guide online. Just search Entering Serial Codes.

• 4 weeks later...

Kim, just had a chance to hook up the switch and driver. All works, except two of the codes were missing the Macros to command the switcher - I think it was input 2 to output 2, and one of the other ones either before or after it. I added it to the driver on my end.

Thanks for putting it together.

Joe

• 5 months later...

I just uploaded the revised version. Kim and Control4 wrote it and I fixed a couple of missing commands in there. It works great. Now if only they would come out with an 8x8 switch!

I attached the driver here, but also uploaded to the File Library. So, if anyone ever needs it, just go to the File Library and search for the MonoPrice HDMI switch.

Joe

out of curiosity what is the longest run anyone has accomplished with one of these? I've got 1 that is fairly long and it failed.

HDMI is only rated to 15m. Me personally, if it is anything in wall I would use cat cable and baluns.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know what the serial code is for power to the Monoprice HDMI switch. This is the only thing missing in my driver (posted by Kim). Currently Power outage = walking down to power on the matrix.

AC

• 4 years later...

Archived