C4 Forums | Control4

Must upgrade to 2.0.1 to use a HC300C..........is BS

xc420

C4' date='

iPhone 4 has been jailbreak, so was 2.0. Tell me how in the world you're trying to run away from DIYers(hackers)???? Isn't/ wasn't it waste of time? :)[/quote']

how did you "break" 2.0?

Lol, did I say I broke it? I said "So was 2.0", it's passive, plz review your English b4 you quote someone.

i meant jail break

C4' date='

iPhone 4 has been jailbreak, so was 2.0. Tell me how in the world you're trying to run away from DIYers(hackers)???? Isn't/ wasn't it waste of time? :)[/quote']

how did you "break" 2.0?

Lol, did I say I broke it? I said "So was 2.0", it's passive, plz review your English b4 you quote someone.

speaking of reviewing my English statements like iphone4 has been jailbreak isnt that great either..

Sure if you drive a Pontiac Fiero and there arent any ones available from eBay. The cost of the replacement pump could just about equal a newer' date=' better car ;)[/quote']

I just checked the O'Reilly Autoparts web site. They have a water pump for a 1984 Pontiac Fiero Sport L4 - 2.5L vin R 151ci 2474cc - TBI GAS OHV

Yes, and I also managed to find a carb rebuild kit for a 1962 corvair monza a few summers ago at an ABC auto parts. These things won't disappear entirely, just become harder to find and not through official channels.

Dude! Are you a Corvair nut too?! Three of them here.

I don't think forcing the upgrade is that big a deal or surprising. Having said that the need to replace all my remotes will definitely delay or keep me from upgrading my system. If I'm going to spend money on my system I'd rather it go to new functionality like more lights, media player etc. Knowing I have to replace four remotes and possibly a first generation controller before getting any new items is what keeps me where I am. I'd like to see C4 offer a more aggressive trade in program for customer willing to keep upgrading and grow their system and investment in C4. No had feeling as I like the system just will delay upgrading for now.

I don't think forcing the upgrade is that big a deal or surprising. Having said that the need to replace all my remotes will definitely delay or keep me from upgrading my system. If I'm going to spend money on my system I'd rather it go to new functionality like more lights, media player etc. Knowing I have to replace four remotes and possibly a first generation controller before getting any new items is what keeps me where I am. I'd like to see C4 offer a more aggressive trade in program for customer willing to keep upgrading and grow their system and investment in C4. No had feeling as I like the system just will delay upgrading for now.

Have you brought this up with your dealer? How about "can you give me a break on the remotes that don't work with zigbee pro if I buy a new controller"? It can't hurt.

At our office I want to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit. That's times 3 desktops and 2 laptops (new hardware needed to run windows), plus 5 copies of office 2010, plus antivirus, ect, on top of 5 copies of windows. I know XP and office 2003 are no longer supported so it might be time to upgrade.

^I'm not sure I'm buying that rationale. There was little "wrong" with XP- Polls show 99% still in favor of XP over 7. I can tell you that despite what dealers say about the current 300, it won't cut the mustard on even medium-sized projects without annoying snags in processing certain requests- requests I need handled so that I can get on with life rather than sitting around trying to figure-out what the system is gagging on.

^I'm not sure I'm buying that rationale. There was little "wrong" with XP- Polls show 99% still in favor of XP over 7.

Sounds like a perfect example of ‘be happy with what you have now’. If 1.7.4 works for some why change overnight? I also use XP on Parallels…but the Mac Pro part is 2.0 :D

Archived