C4 Forums | Control4

DirectTV HR24 receiver

When did you get your receiver? Maybe they have fixed the driver for it. The problems I heard were the controls were a little funky for it and you basically had to learn all the controls from the remote and adjust the IR frequency to get it just right.

So before I order up my new DirectTV system I've heard their are issues with this receiver. Has there been a new driver updated for this that fixes some of the problems with the integration?

There is an updated driver on the dealer forums. Or you can learn channel up, down, and the cursor up, down, left, right buttons and set the repeat to 1.

i......everything works fine for me (except 2.0 made it less responsive). what are the issues that are occuring?

Latency because of zigbeepro. One of the reasons why I don't want to update. :)

Also one of your biggest misconceptions:)

If that's a misconception than why do you think traliff's Directv reciever is less respoonsive in 2.0?

In zigbeepro packets are decypted/encrypted for each hop they have to make to get back to the zigbee access point (ZAP). From there it communicates with director through the network. For some such as Controlfouruserguy, it might not have to make any extra hops, therefore isn't noticeable. For others with poorly designed systems, where the zigbee packet has to make multiple hops, it's noticeable.

I don't know for a fact, but that's probably why Traliff's satbox is less responsive now. To improve responsiveness, Traliff needs to have a ZAP nearby. This is one of my biggest complaints with zigbeepro : more equipment might be needed (depends on circumstances) that wasn't necessary before (local ZAP).

It really boils down to system design and things have changed in zigbeepro. The problem is some installers might upgrade a system to zigbeepro and run without testing it out thoroughly. Sure it worked fine before zigbeepro, when multiple hops didn't matter, but now it does matter.

This is my understanding of how it works from reading the forums, If I wrong about any of this please let me know.

^In all fairness, when I upgraded, we turned on ZAP on all controllers, all three floors. I also had to add CardAccess "repeaters" here and there to get things solid throughout. It was all part of the interim 1.8 stop-over and I knew things might get a little dicey going-in.

Archived