C4 Forums | Control4

Hey what happened to my Avatar?

xc420

Hiya xc420 - I know I sure didn't do anything with your avatar and I can't imagine dan would either. As RyanE stated, we're pretty hands-off and fans of free speech. Perhaps it's the root of a bigger problem if you try to upload it again and it goes away... Give it a shot and let us know the results please.

Additionally, if it was a Linux Penguin, we'd be all for it, and dare not snuff the penguin. Without Tux & Linux, there would be no Control4, and I'm sure you can imagine we're definitely not for that :)

Additionally, as a side note to all, for fastest response from anyone at the CytexOne crew, we please ask you to email support@cytexone.com. That way, messages don't fall through the cracks as a ticket gets created in our system and can be followed up upon.

Hi sorry this was me. We received numerous complaints about the avatar that it was extremely offensive. In an effort to keep everyone happy we just removed it. We take no sides whatsoever in pretty much everything as most of you know. I totally should have emailed XC420 which I completely dropped the ball on, I'm sorry XC420 about that. XC420 if you could put an avatar up that doesn't upset people that would be totally appreciated.

Thanks everyone for the concern, definitely 100% for keeping the peace.

Dan

Your right.. not looking to stifle free speech at all... also not looking to hear people complain about an avatar (which is an extremely unusual circumstance around here). The core focus of this site is to discuss Control4 and political views don't play a role in that discussion.

Without a doubt the next time a situation like this happens again, we will do what we normally do and contact the user thats upsetting others and give them the opportunity to remove the offending content.

Just to re-iterate. We don't have a position on the subject either way just looking to keep the peace and not have people offended when they visit the site for something that has nothing to do with Control4.

I for one am totally against the various yellow face avatars. It is very offensive to me !

Anyways everyone have a Happy New Year!

Can't believe 2011 already, one more year til 2012 and the end of an error. ;)

2011 will bring be into 2.0. Looking forward to illegal copies of Pro 2.0 and backdoor web navigators!

Just kidding.

Everyone have a safe night and a great year!

I for one am totally against the various yellow face avatars. It is very offensive to me !

Can't believe 2011 already, one more year til 2012 and the end of an error. ;)

2011 will bring be into 2.0. Looking forward to illegal copies of Pro 2.0 and backdoor web navigators!

Just kidding.

Everyone have a safe night and a great year!

You have one in your own message above

Can't believe 2011 already' date=' one more year til 2012 and the end of an error. ;)

Just kidding.

Everyone have a safe night and a great year![/quote']

You have one in your own message above

That's not an avatar. An avatar is what appears below your username. These :) :| :(:D:o;) :/ :P:lol: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: are just really annoying smileys =D

^ They are emoticons. They are all yellow faces though. Don't see how yellow-faced avatars could be offensive and yellow-faced emoticons not. The avatars are sharing some of the emotions with the emoticons as well, I believe.

achoudhary, I could be wrong, but I'll be he was joking.

I too find the big yellow faces obnoxious....I can't even figure out what most of them are trying to represent. I liked my old avatar, but someone got mad at me about it.

Archived