C4 Forums | Control4

GE Concord 4 system

drmark12pa

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation as to best (cheapest) place to buy the base system I would need to start using the GE Concord 4 system integrated with my Control4 system. Also, does a person need to order anything other than additional sensors to be up and running with the system so long as it's integrated? I haven't seen the Concord so how does it actually connect to the Control 4?

I found 2 places but am wondering the difference in functionality between the 2 model numbers (I'm primarily looking to use the motion sensors)

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-175-80-860-4-concord-4-wireless-alarm-kit.aspx (80-860-4 - Concord 4 Wireless Alarm Kit)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-Security-80-952-4-Concord-4-Hardwire-Package-F11-/260754121841?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb6282471 (80-952-4 Concord 4 Hardwire Package F11)

Interested in this myself....have a Vista system already installed (hardwire) and finding an ICM is like a needle in a haystack. Everyone says to swap over to GE Concord4 and it's a breeze, but I'd like more info as well

There are many companies that sell GE security products on line. Most are very similarly priced. I purchased my stuff at www.spytown.com.

The Concord panel connects to the C4 system with the GE 60-783-02 SuperBus 2000 Automation Module.

Edit: I posted a bit ago on a base Concord 4 system to start with. I will try to find that post and line to it.

There are many companies that sell GE security products on line. Most are very similarly priced. I purchased my stuff at www.spytown.com.

The Concord panel connects to the C4 system with the GE 60-783-02 SuperBus 2000 Automation Module.

Edit: I posted a bit ago on a base Concord 4 system to start with. I will try to find that post and line to it.

I spent some time looking for your post but couldn't find it. Would be great if you drum that up.

Thanks,

Rus

Rus

Here is a link to the post and what I posted.

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=4958

I would start with the following

GE 80-968-4 Concord 4: ATP1000 2x16 Alphanumeric Touchpad, Transformer, Phone Cord, RJ31X Jack, (3) Recessed Hardwire Magnetic Contacts, (1) Hardwire Siren and (1) Hardwire Pet Immune PIR Motion Detector (Will ship within 24

hours)

This is the alarm panel. It has wireless capability and has 8 hard wired input zones and can have smoke detectors hooked up also. It comes with a hardwired keypad. I would recommend at least 1 hardwired keypad. You can add extra keypads later.

GRI 2800 Water Sensor

I like GRI products and I think this is a good hardwired water sensor

GE 60-774 SuperBus 2000: 8-Zone Input Module. Adds 8 Additional Supervised Hardwire Zones. 2K Ohm Resistors Included

the panel has 8 input zones so you might not need this now. It adds 8 more hard wired inputs (i.e. contact switches)

GE TX-4014-01-2: DesignLine 4-Button Keyfob, Black (optional)

The keyfobs are optional but are a nice little ad on.

GE 60-783-02 SuperBus: 2000 Automation Module w/RS232: Integrates Concord w/Energy Management Systems, Lighting Controls and Audio/Video Systems. For Concord Panels w/Software Version of 2.5 or Later.

You will need this to hook it up to the C4 system.

GE 60-680 12VDC, 7.0AH: Backup Battery. Provides 24 Hours Backup Power to the Panel and Hardwire Devices When AC is Out

You will need a battery.

GE 60-758 4-Zone Output Snapcard: 4 Form-C Relay Outputs

This is used to control your garage doors.

Alan, thanks for the info....

Bear with me as a new Control4 user but a few more questions:

1) If I'm primarily going to use the system for motion sensors to trigger lights and such, do I really have to have a battery backup? Or is this basically to keep the system functioning for things such as water detection, security, etc.?

2) for the install, what do parts of the system have to be connected to? I'm trying to figure out the components of the Concord 4 and their relation to my Control4 system. In reading your older posting I'm trying to understand the serial (I assume the connection for the RS232) connection between the Control4 and the Concord. Can the GE 60-783-02 SuperBus: 2000 Automation Module w/RS232 be connected to a Control4 controller somewhere not necessarily readily accessible as it doesn't appear to have any touchpad? Does the ATP1000 Touchpad included then do most of the controlling unless you use the Control4 to do most of the work? Is the ATP1000 Touchpad wired or wireless (if wired what kind of cable connects it to the primary Concord panel?

3) Can the Concord 4 be integrated with Control4 to provide a person alerts via cell phone or email if a condition exists (ie water, temp control, intruder, etc)? I'm trying to figure out if you're not home how the Concord lets you know when there is a problem. I haven't even used Control4 Composer HE so I'm not sure how email alerts and notifications can be programmed with Control4 so I'm assuming this is where the Control4 and Concord work together?

4) In looking at the different Concord 4 packages, I'm trying to avoid any hardwiring of sensors/detectors. I would prefer all wireless if possible. In the GE 80-968-4 Concord 4 package you mentioned it shows recessed hardwire contacts but in looking at Spytown they list:

GE 80-860-4 Concord 4: ATP1000 Alpha Touchpad, RJ31X Jack, Phone Cord, (3) Learn Mode Door/Window Sensors, PIR Crystal, Lock and Key Set On sale now for $158

http://www.spytown.com/ge-80-860-4.html

Are the Learn Mode Door/Window Sensors wireless as another website lists a slightly different package with same model #:

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-175-80-860-4-concord-4-wireless-alarm-kit.aspx

(1) GE Concord 4

(1) Wireless Motion Sensor (NX480)

(3) Wireless Door / Window Sensors (NX650)

(1) RJ31X

(1) Detailed Instruction Manual

(1) ATP1000 Alphanumeric Touchpad

Which then brings up another few questions....

Is The PIR Crystal that is listed just another term for a Motion Sensor (included with the package)?

Does the power supply/transformer come with the set or that is something that has to be purchased in addition to even power up your system???

5) Can the GE 60-783-02 SuperBus: 2000 Automation Module be controlled by an HC200? It doesn't look like an HC200 has the RS232 port or is there another way around this to use an HC200 to control this? (I have an HC1000, HC300, and HC200 but the HC300 is in my entertainment cabinet so wouldn't really be feasible to have the whole security system in that due to limited space. However, my HC200 is located on top of my kitchen cabinets controlling our kitchen TV so I could put the system on top out of sight.)

Thanks in advance to any and all replying to this crazy list of questions...

• 1 month later...

HI,

I have added the GE Concord driver in the composer.In the connections tab, it what is the security input devices that can be connected to the partitions?

There are contacts like the Glass break detector but i am not able to connect to the partition!!

Also what are the differences between GE advent and GE concord?

The GE Networx NX 8E, i believe have become obselete, since it can be connected to the media controller only?

Please do correct me, if its wrong?

Anyone know if Control4 can access the z-wave devices that that is connected to the GE Concord 4 via the GSM-z-wave module?

No. The Control4 driver *only* knows about the security aspects of your GE panel.

A driver *might* be able to be written to do more, but the Concord driver is not a DriverWorks driver, and won't likely be updated / changed by Control4 anytime soon.

Sorry.

RyanE

Anyone know if Control4 can access the z-wave devices that that is connected to the GE Concord 4 via the GSM-z-wave module?

No. The Control4 driver *only* knows about the security aspects of your GE panel.

A driver *might* be able to be written to do more' date=' but the Concord driver is not a DriverWorks driver, and won't likely be updated / changed by Control4 anytime soon.

Sorry.

RyanE[/quote']

Thanks for the quick reply.

ExtraVegetables has a driver for a z-wave bridge device. You may ask them if those devices will talk to the bridge, which in turn can be integrated into C4.

ExtraVegetables has a driver for a z-wave bridge device. You may ask them if those devices will talk to the bridge' date=' which in turn can be integrated into C4.[/quote']

yes I saw that -- via micasaverde's Vera controller. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
Rus

GE 60-758 4-Zone Output Snapcard: 4 Form-C Relay Outputs

This is used to control your garage doors.

can you use the relay other then just for garage door control, can you use it as any other relay that C4 understands?

• 1 month later...

I joined the C4forums a few weeks back and have been doing alot of

research on the best "accessories" to add to my Control4 plan.

I would like to add an alarm panel to the system and it seems that the

Concord4 is the right one. I read the Concord4 has a GSM module, does that

allow for alarm calls to go out to CS via verizon cellular (3g or 4g)? Can

the Concord4 send signals via landline (voip) and GSM? I would like to have

a system immune to a burglar cutting our communications lines.

Do you have a total Concord4 package you sell? Can I use alarm.com for CS

through you? I am in NY, if that matters.

Archived