C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset

daveva

I believe that only Control4 dealers sell the zigbee locks that work with Control4. The normal ones which are sold elsewhere do not have zigbee and would have a problem as they cannot communicate. If they do sell the Control4 compatible ones I am also curious what the issue is.

He may have meant that there was a issue between them and control4. But the way that it came across to me was that there was an issue control4 had with the kwikset locks and that is why I posted here to find out. So now I will call a dealer and order one. Thanks

Not true,when I called and asked for the zigbee they assured me that they could get it. He said it would take a few more days because it would have to come from the manufacturer as they didn't keep the zigbee on stock.

This is probably the problem they observed. They can't get one because they aren't a Control4 dealer.

• 1 month later...

Do you know if you can just slide in the Zigbee card? My contractor installed the lock, not knowing it wasn't C4 enabled. My dealer then purchased a lock and I'm wondering if I can just slide the ZigBee card in. It appears as if it's that easy. I know installing a lock isn't that big of a deal, but obviously installing the card is much simpler. I've got the Baldwin variant. Thanks.

@ichbinbose: likely true, and it shouldn't have been hard to install the first one either, but somehow my contractor managed to install it incorrectly the first time causing the lock to permanently malfunction. maybe i'll install the next one myself to avoid any problems!

Archived