C4 Forums | Control4

Video Switch

A friend of mine just moved into a "new" home, about 5 years old. There are single cat5's run to the TV's. He asked his installer (C4) about a Video Switch and they are saying to go with Crestron because there is no C4 supported video switch that would work over a single cat5? Just asking if this sounds correct? They said they could open walls and run more cat cable, but the walls would need repairing (of course).

Does this sound right, I know, not a lot of detail, but I figured there would be a solution on 8x8 or 16x16 switch?

A friend of mine just moved into a "new" home, about 5 years old. There are single cat5's run to the TV's. He asked his installer (C4) about a Video Switch and they are saying to go with Crestron because there is no C4 supported video switch that would work over a single cat5? Just asking if this sounds correct? They said they could open walls and run more cat cable, but the walls would need repairing (of course).

Does this sound right, I know, not a lot of detail, but I figured there would be a solution on 8x8 or 16x16 switch?

As long as it's cat5e it can be run via an hdbaset extender over a single cat5e cable.

Archived