C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer/Keypads models

Hello there...

I started to plan for my system and -after talking to an integrator- I decided to buy the HCs and other equipment new, but the dimmers/keypads from here or ebay. The only thing I want to know is which dimmers/keypads models will not work with a new HC. Can all C4 dimmers be updated to 2.x and work together under the same system?

I'll appreciate your input...

Thanks!!!

Not really. The newer dimmers have the ability to change their colors (white, light almond, ivory, etc). The old dimmers you had to order a new dimmer.

The way they have worked has been the same for years...

Not really. The newer dimmers have the ability to change their colors (white, light almond, ivory, etc). The old dimmers you had to order a new dimmer.

The way they have worked has been the same for years...

LDW-101 and LSW-101 - 1st generation dimmers and switches do not work with color change kits, everything newer does.

3 button and 6 button keypads work with color change kits(not sure on the 2 button, but my guess is they work).

Control4 updated lighting and keypad models are direct replacements of the existing 101 lighting and keypad models in appearance, installation procedure, and pricing. However, several significant enhancements are provided with these newer models. Principally,the native use of the ZigBee Pro to Control4′s system software 1.8 and above, significantly-reduced power consumption (350 mw for the dimmer, down from 1.4w), and incremental improvements in tactile button responsiveness. They are available for order in all six (6) colors of Control4′s expanded lighting color palette!

New Models Product Description Replacing

C4-DIM1-Z Wireless Dimmer, 120VAC, 1000W LDZ-102

C4-SW1-Z Wireless Switch, 120VAC, 1000W LSZ-102

C4-KP2-Z Wireless 2-Button Keypad, 120VAC LSZ-3W1

C4-KP3-Z Wireless 3-Button Keypad, 120VAC KPZ-3B1

C4-KP6-Z Wireless 6-Button Keypad, 120VAC KPZ-6B1

Thanks thecodeman, they did not seemed as they could be changed in color. I meant the upgrade part....

Last question: what are the ELV dimmers? can they be used the same way as regular dimmers or are they only meant for CLV and LED lights? can they be upgraded as well?

Thanks thecodeman, they did not seemed as they could be changed in color. I meant the upgrade part....

Last question: what are the ELV dimmers? can they be used the same way as regular dimmers or are they only meant for CLV and LED lights? can they be upgraded as well?

Yes, the ELV dimmers can be updated as well.

Here's a link to the lighting PDF that compares the standard dimmers and elv dimmers. I hope this sheds some light on their use.

http://control4.com/files/products/data-sheets/Control4-120V-Lighting.pdf

geoequitus, be warned that in buying second hand dimmers, based on where they were installed in their previous life, you may notice they are different shades of whatever color you get. The sun does fade them. I installed a new dimmer in a bank of two others, and they are a slightly different color. It bugged my wife enough (I'm mostly color blind) that I bought "color change" kits for all 3. I didn't change the color, I just wanted the color to be consistent.

Just a warning if you're picky about that stuff.

Archived