C4 Forums | Control4

Super Easy Question

Rori

Hi,

Need a bit of help.

Programmed SR250 remote so that when battery level below X>send email.

I got hundreds of emails today from C4 to let me know.

So I thought I would add "STOP" as a second line of code.....however, still getting emails.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks!

Thanks very much for all the help. Yes an example would be great!

I think I sort of understand the idea but not sure I got it right.

I created a boolean variable (false) and a non repeating timer (23 hrs 59 mins, as this it the max?). Not sure if this is correct nor how to do reset variable twice every wk.

Program as follows:

When Remote battery less than X:

IF variable false

-send email

-set variable to true

-start timer

When timer is up

-set variable to false

All I want is a single email, I don't want the timer running (maybe using resources?).

Any ideas to fine tune this would be great!

Rori

thecodeman is right on.

When battery is below xxx

Set variable to true.

When variable changes

IF variable is true

send email.

At 9PM

If it's Tuesday

Set variable to false.

Stop

If it's Friday

Set variable tl false

Stop

Is that enough detail?

so basically once the variable changes to true.........it stays there.............you reset the variable back to false.................to allow for only 2 emails per week.............then when you replace the batteries it sets itself back to false...

is a good example Dan.........thanks

Wow, thanks soooo much.

No way I would have been able to come up with this. A few more steps that I would have thought of but yes, it makes sense.

This may be an obvious question but if you have more than one remote (Y, Z ,etc), would you need a variable for each and a program for each, so that:

When battery of Y is below xxx

set variable of Y to true

When variable of Y changes

IF variable of Y is true

send email

Same above but for Remote Z

Not sure then how to do scheduler if you would want to use exact time and day (9PM Tue and Frid as in example) for all remotes because of the Stop. I guess I can use a different times or days for each remote?

Thanks a lot for the detail.

1. Create a Boolean variable (IE: SR250-01-Battery)

2. Programming -> Remote

2.1 If Battery <= 20% (or whatever)

2.1.1 If SR250-01-Battery = FALSE

2.1.1.1 Send EMail

2.1.1.2 Set SR250-01-Battery to TRUE

2.2 If Battery > 20% (or whatever)

2.2.1 IF SR250-01-Battery = TRUE

2.2.1.1 Set SR250-01-Battery to FALSE

That's the Pseudo code I would do it with.

Looking through the other comments, you could add a timer as well if you want to be re-notified. It's relatively easy to accomplish.

No stop, at least in my case. Use the scheduler.

Just have the event be called "battery variable resets" and it resets all the variables for battery status checking to false. In the scheduler you can specify a single event to happen on certain days, at a time, and be repeating.

have the programming on if variable living remote battery low = true, send email "living battery remote battery is low, replace soon". Repeat for other variables.

Im sure there's a way you can get fancy with a string variable of some kind to populate the info in the variable for you, but the thought process escapes me. Hey, I just got a Dune :)

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Not super easy after all (at least for me!) but I think I got it. We'll see if it works as I expect.

I prefer to be proactive changing batteries (rechargeables work great for me) rather than to get a crisis call in the middle of the day because "C4 does not work", meaning batteries on the remote are low or drained and remote not responding. I don't think I get the "Low Battery" notice on the display consistently, perhaps because the batteries I use, but they serve me quite well.

Thanks again.

1. I have it simply sending me an email and I am not getting hundreds - I get one. so hmmmmm....???

2. Be awarethat the percentage (I have mine set at 10 percent) is alsmot useless - I was changing batteries like a house afire and then tested them one day - they wee still full accoring tothe tester. I put them back in and they ran another month before the dreade email - so check your batterys before you toss them.

Bill

Archived