C4 Forums | Control4

..Come in Ryan...re esata on the HC800

wappinghigh

Ryan..the more I look at the HC800...the more I think it is going to be a ground breaking product for Control4...

...Particularly at that $999...price point...

Hope you don't mind me exploring (and squeezing) as much info out, about what that baby can do.... :)

Exciting times Ryan...

Ryan..the more I look at the HC800...the more I think it is going to be a ground breaking product for Control4...

Hope you don't mind me exploring (and squeezing) as much info out, about what that baby can do.... :)

Exciting times Ryan...

Help me to understand why this product is ground-breaking, becuase you can attach a drive to it??

I personally think it's groundbreaking, because for that low price point, you basically get:

* A controller that's pretty much as fast as the HC1000, but is smaller and costs less

* A controller with nearly as much I/O on it as the IO Extender, plus streaming Audio outputs

* HDMI and digital audio output, along with the 2 analog outputs

It's a lot of functionality in a small (1U 'short' package).

Of course, I'm a bit biased... :)

RyanE

Oh, not to mention the Built-in WiFi (which I don't think is all that useful, myself), and ZigBee with an external antenna connection, so that installers can locate the HC800 in the rack, and locate the ZigBee antenna outside of the rack, for better ZigBee performance.

And the ZigBee hardware in the HC800 is faster, as well.

And, as you mentioned, the eSATA connection lets you add your own (however large or small) drive.

I could go on all day.

RyanE

Hope you don't mind me exploring (and squeezing) as much info out' date=' about what that baby can do.... :)

Exciting times Ryan...[/quote']

Help me to understand why this product is ground-breaking, becuase you can attach a drive to it??

...I meant specifically for Control4...(at this price point)...

Hopefully the drive can be accessed outside their "locked in" enviroment. As you know to put media onto the HDD of the HC1000..you had to do all this thru composer. Therefore, I never used it.

Their are direct attached storage units out there that use estata...if you can access this storage in a "normal" fashion, its going to make life way easier for me with itunes and movie libraries etc...

You can also put however much storage on there as you want...not just limited to 500Gb...(And upgrade it..

PS I totally agree re the HC1000....(Ive been screwed as well).....

Since I only have a HC300 my dealer said I should add a hc1000 when I wanted to start adding lighting. Well I didn't listen and have now added a few lights and have noticed my system slower. Hopefully the hc800 will speed everything back up.

Yes it will speed things up. But if you are receiving it on Tuesday or Wednesday you will have to wait for OS 2.2 to be released to use it.

What!?! Are you serious? When is that happening? I was planning on giving my hc300 to someone.

Anyone get their hc800 yet? Mine should be coming in Tuesday or Wednesday. It will be replacing my hc300 (the only controller in my system)

Who said you would get it Tuesday or Wednesday? I was told it would ship around the end of the month.

Anyone get their hc800 yet? Mine should be coming in Tuesday or Wednesday. It will be replacing my hc300 (the only controller in my system)

Who said you would get it Tuesday or Wednesday? I was told it would ship around the end of the month.

Dealer told me yesterday it already shipped. But I am not happy that I was sold a giant paperweight till 2.2.

You will only have to wait a week or so. I believe 2.2 is scheduled to be released by the end of the month (assuming it is stable) so it is not too long of a wait. I ordered 5 HC800s yesterday so I should know if they shipped by Monday.

Dealer told me yesterday it already shipped. But I am not happy that I was sold a giant paperweight till 2.2.

Paper weight? This is their premier controller.

Why would C4 ship a product that wont even work with our current systems? (re: 2.2)

That's what I would like to know. Could you imagine Apple selling the new iPhone and telling people you cant use it right away because it isn't ready? (pre-sales don't count since you don't have the phone in your possession.)

Archived