C4 Forums | Control4

Room off turns off all video/audio sources

Sometimes my wife and I are watching two different sources in two different locations. However, when she or I turn off the room one of us in, the other room turns off as well. This definitely did not happen earlier. I noticed this only since the last 15-20 days.

I don't have any programming that turns off any media sources in any room. But I went through the programming anyway and came up with nothing that strikes me as out of place. I watched over my rack while I was doing some additional testing and nothing seemed to be wrong there either. Primarily, I was interested in whether my HDMI matrix was acting strangely.

Has anyone come across this behavior? I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions as to where I can start to troubleshoot and fix this? Are there any logs I can see?

Thanks,

Abhijit

Thanks for the suggestion but I have CEC disabled already.

Note that I haven't made any changes since a few months to my setup. Also, just to clarify further, not only does the equipment turns off, but the room is off in C4 as well. For example, the remotes in the affected rooms do not show the current device anymore. So it seems like C4 is issuing an OFF command to all the rooms.

Are you sure they are in separate rooms in composer? physically they are, but I had a similar problem with our first floor. I added audio and turning off the room turned off everything on the floor.

Easy fix. just have your dealer add a room in composer.

Yes, these are separate rooms in Composer.

Note that this is just starting to happen. I've had these rooms for almost a year and had no issues until about a month or so. Also, nothing has changed from the point of Composer in about 6 months.

Make sure you have CEC disabled on all your hdmi sources and tv's.

I do not know what CEC means but sort of thing happens to me too but I'm thinking it is the AutoOn feature of the Sony TV and the Sony BD player.

They are on completely separate rooms attached to completely different TVs but connected through the Monoprice 4x4. If i turn off the Sony TV in the Basement the Sony BD in Family turns off as well. I think lately it is also affecting my Sharp TV. These are all connected via Monoprice 4x4 but have not really isolated the issue. I was blaming the AutoON feauture but even with that feature TURNED OFF I believe it is still happening.

Try turning off your Monoprice and see if that makes a diff.

Anyway, here's an update. I rebooted the entire rack, although just the HC controller may have been enough, and all is well again. I wonder of there was an automatic update and the OS was replaced by Windows. ;)

Thanks for your help anyway.

It's not such a tough call. System stability over here has been phenominal. Project Locked went away for good with the load/unload trick- no cert. expiration here. I need a dealer to fix my Web Radio app that croaked during 2.1.1 load and I want to add some energy monitoring software. I need very little so unless 2.2 is spectacular, I will wait until reports show up here.

• 3 months later...

Although pharmdsmith had mentioned media scene above, I completely missed this because I didn't understand how media scenes worked until recently. Apparently, I created a media scene to turn off all rooms when I set the alarm to away. This was simply activating the media scene and therefore, all zones would turn off when I turned off a single room while another room was playing a different source (video or audio).

This issue is finally resolved now that I understand what media scenes are about. Doh!

I have lighting scenes setup for when I press play, pause and stop in my great room that are based on the C4 remote control buttons for that room. I also have another C4 remote control in a theater. When I select play, pause or stop in the theater the lighting scenes in the great room activate. Anoying to the point I'm going to remove the programing for the lighting scenes.

Seems like a bug.

I have lighting scenes setup for when I press play, pause and stop in my great room that are based on the C4 remote control buttons for that room. I also have another C4 remote control in a theater. When I select play, pause or stop in the theater the lighting scenes in the great room activate. Anoying to the point I'm going to remove the programing for the lighting scenes.

Seems like a bug.

Not a bug at all...just programmed wrong. I have this in every room in the house and it works like a champ, not lighting scene involved at all.

You can see my Who To on this at www.c4diy.com

Archived