C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Driver List Excel App

I tried putting this in the downloads section, but it restricts the file types so posting here.  I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to updating firmware, drivers, etc. (in everything I own).  I'm constantly checking to see if new drivers are available and haven't found a good way to do that in Composer.  So...  I created a little Excel app for this purpose.  Description is below. 

This Excel file is meant to be used to assist with identifying new drivers and/or newer versions of drivers available from the Control4 database.  Features include:

• Download a full list of drivers available from the Control4 database
  • Inventory drivers stored locally by Composer
  • Flag local drivers which have an updated version available from Control4

Let me know if you find it useful, if there are features you feel should be added or if you have any issues.  I've only tested this with Excel 2010 and 2013 on a PC.

And the standard disclaimer that this is a freebie with no support, warranty, etc., etc.  However, as time permits I'm happy to support and update through this board if it benefits the community.

(edited 5/30) - fixed version is here

C4 Driver List-v1.1.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has there been any updates to the Control4 driver database?  I don't see many 2014 hardware items on the list yet.  I assume the 2013 driver for the preceeding hardware may work, but just wanted to see if there's a current/updated list.  Thanks.

Scott

The excel file downloads the latest list from Control4 when you click on "Pull Driver Info" (I think that's the name of the button).  It autosorts by most recent first, so what you see when you run the macro is the latest.  I just ran it here and the last update was a Yale driver at the end of May.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived