C4 Forums | Control4

Maximum Capacity for Announcement .wav files?

pfissure

Question

I have four announcements.  I cannot add a new wav in Composer HE file for a fifth announcement because Composer HE complains that I am already using 9,000,000 bytes out of the maximum 10,000,000.  Is this a hard limit?  It is very restrictive given that I can only use .wav files (which are generally big files due to lack of compression).  Is there a way to increase the capacity?

5 answers to this question

try using a program like audacity and export your announcement with a lower bitrate and sample rate and mono to decrease the file size, a loss-less stereo hifi file is not necessary for an announcement, uses up too much space as you are finding.

or if you are using a text to speech program to generate your announcements some of them will allow you to lower these parameters in the settings.

I ran into that SAME issue...... which has caused me to crack open one of my HC800's in order to expand the HHD space and upgrade the RAM. I don't have the cards yet as they will be in next week. But I posted photos on pushing the limits under upgrade. I'll fill you in to how it goes.... unless you just want to look on there pfissure.

pretty sure it is not an internal storage capacity issue, the old media controllers had a 80 GB hard drive and hc1000's had a 500 GB hard drive, all have the same announcement limit, i believe it is a control4 limit for some bizarre reason that they have always had since as long as i can remember. 

Archived