C4 Forums | Control4

C4 driver for nVidia Shield

videostorm

30 minutes ago, The Good Guy said:

Not sure what happened but its working now. Lol

Thanks again for the driver!
1fb4ac64f650186703fd78e7c3f4e6ef.jpg

Maybe it just needed some time to get it's mind right. LOL  I've noticed some weirdness on the phone app in that the icon was showing, I took a screenshot, and when the app came back up the icon was completely gone until I left that screen and came back.  Thank VideoStorm for the actual driver, I was just able to get some Nvidia icons into it.  Glad you enjoy it!

On 12/10/2019 at 5:17 PM, videostorm said:

Awesome :)  I'll fix the typo in our version also.

I just downloaded the new version and it still has a couple minor typos, one of which still results in a generic icon. All entries that say "mediaplay_android_irusb" should say"mediaplayer_android_irusb" the other is just a mislabeled icon size.

So I took the liberty of making the xml changes along with adding "shield" or "amazon" depending upon which icon pack is included in the c4z file. so the new location names in these two files are as follows:

"mediaplayer_android_irusb_amazon" in the file named "mediaplayer_android_irusb_amazon.c4z"

"mediaplayer_android_irusb_shield" in the file named "mediaplayer_android_irusb_shield.c4z"

This way Shield owners have an actual Nvidia icon for their system instead of seeing Amazon.

mediaplayer_android_irusb_amazon.c4z mediaplayer_android_irusb_shield.c4z

@videostorm I just realized where the text is that gives the title of the driver in Composer and modified it in the xml so the drivers can be differentiated.

One says "Universal Android Driver With Amazon Icons"

The other says "Universal Android Driver With Nvidia Icons"

mediaplayer_android_irusb_amazon.c4z mediaplayer_android_irusb_shield.c4z

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, just got my Control4 system

put in a couple weeks ago. I bought the IrUSB and plugged in shield. I told my dealer about the Nvidia Shield driver and downloaded Chowmain driver. I updated IrUSB to v225. But it’s not working with c4 remote sr-260. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Is there anything else I need to do? I also have home edition. But waiting on my windows computer to come in. Thanks all. 

6 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Did your dealer setup the driver properly?

I showed him which one. He’s actually coming back to fix some speakers that aren’t playing so I will tell him to mess with it. Also I know on the instructions. It says that you need to have the IrUSB plugged in first then you install driver. 

9 hours ago, Bharris said:

I showed him which one. He’s actually coming back to fix some speakers that aren’t playing so I will tell him to mess with it. Also I know on the instructions. It says that you need to have the IrUSB plugged in first then you install driver. 

They'll need to know the IP address of the Shield for it to work. Hopefully they have access to the router so they can use an address reservation.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:26 PM, Eric Stiff said:

They'll need to know the IP address of the Shield for it to work. Hopefully they have access to the router so they can use an address reservation.

Yes he’s coming Friday. I remember him saying the IP address was already set up for the shield. So the IrUSB is set up on shield. And do I just tell him to use chowmains driver? 

4 hours ago, Bharris said:

Yes he’s coming Friday. I remember him saying the IP address was already set up for the shield. So the IrUSB is set up on shield. And do I just tell him to use chowmains driver? 

I know the Chowmain driver is one that requires a paid license; I do not know if it offers a trial but I'm sure it does. Is it possible the trial has run out or did you pay for the driver? The VideoStorm driver is free but does not offer some of the specializations the Chowmain driver does.

Edited by Eric Stiff
Grammar fix

1 hour ago, Eric Stiff said:

I know the Chowmain driver is one that requires a paid license; I do not know if it offers a trial but I'm sure it does. Is it possible the trial had run out it did you pay for the driver? The VideoStorm driver is free but does not offer some of the specializations the Chowmain driver does.

Yes he paid for the driver and installed. But I didn’t have IrUSB when he installed. I installed the IrUSB after he installed. 

18 minutes ago, Bharris said:

Yes he paid for the driver and installed. But I didn’t have IrUSB when he installed. I installed the IrUSB after he installed. 

Hmm. Do you know if there is an address reservation in the router for the Shield? If not it is possible that the Shield has been given a new address that is different than what's programmed in the driver. It shouldn't be necessary but try rebooting the controller since the IRUSB was installed after the driver was setup. What controller do you have and what version of C4?

2 minutes ago, Eric Stiff said:

Hmm. Do you know if there is an address reservation in the router for the Shield? If not it is possible that the Shield has been given a new address that is different than what's programmed in the driver. It shouldn't be necessary but try rebooting the controller since the IRUSB was installed after the driver was setup. What controller do you have and what version of C4?

Ea-1 and 3. Os3

My dealer is coming Friday so I’ll have him look into it. 

3 hours ago, Cyknight said:

If you have a license, may as well. Nothing wrong with the vid-storm one mind you, but with a license in place, you're set for updates etc as desired alter on.

Thank you for the reply. Am I able to download mini app drivers with composer HE? What are my limitations with composer HE

Any drivers, including the mini apps must be done using Pro - HE is for PROGRAMMING (and it gives you a small measure of setup control over some of the newer drivers ie select a new Roku if the old one dies and you replace it), including timers, schedules and more. It also includes media management, but any additional sources, TVs and/or replacements must be done by a dealer.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.