C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom Anywhere App

nevets23

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are currently telling our clients that if they want access to intercom on their phones, they need a doorbird or a ring.. we literally cannot wait to sell the DS2 instead.. but until this app is out and works 100%. we will not even mention it to clients

We are currently telling our clients that if they want access to intercom on their phones, they need a doorbird or a ring.. we literally cannot wait to sell the DS2 instead.. but until this app is out and works 100%. we will not even mention it to clients
Thats the responsible answer imho

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Really dumb question.  What equipment do I need to hear the doorbell from the DS2?  Currently, I only have the camera feeding into an NVR (for recording) and Sighthound software (for monitoring and mobile alerts).  It’s kind of crazy that I don’t have basic Ring functionality on such an expensive device.  I’m eagerly awaiting this app so I can get some type of alert.  

I just use an EA-3 with a home A/V receiver to power audio and video in my master bedroom and bath.  I don’t really need audio throughout the house.  My kids just wander around with headphones on ignoring me.  

Thanks!  

4 minutes ago, KingElvis said:

Really dumb question.  What equipment do I need to hear the doorbell from the DS2?  Currently, I only have the camera feeding into an NVR (for recording) and Sighthound software (for monitoring and mobile alerts).  It’s kind of crazy that I don’t have basic Ring functionality on such an expensive device.  I’m eagerly awaiting this app so I can get some type of alert.  

I just use an EA-3 with a home A/V receiver to power audio and video in my master bedroom and bath.  I don’t really need audio throughout the house.  My kids just wander around with headphones on ignoring me.  

Thanks!  

Need a T3 touchscreen 

2 minutes ago, KingElvis said:

Thanks!  

the DS2 has a relay connection on it.. we use that to trigger your existing mechanical doorbell.. OR we just play  A DING DONG sound over the whole home audio

17 minutes ago, StroTek LLC said:

the DS2 has a relay connection on it.. we use that to trigger your existing mechanical doorbell.. OR we just play  A DING DONG sound over the whole home audio

Got it.  Crazily enough, I don’t have an old fashioned doorbell or whole home audio installed.  

Let me double down on the dumb questions.

• With the latest software can I simply have it trigger a When Then event and alert me via some other app or Alexa enabled device?
  • Can I have it trigger a Zigbee compatible device/bell to alert me?
  • I do have ceiling speakers installed in my family room (that I don’t currently have hooked up to anything).  Can I simply add another receiver hooked up to the EA-3 to power those speakers for the doorbell?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, KingElvis said:

Got it.  Crazily enough, I don’t have an old fashioned doorbell or whole home audio installed.  

Let me double down on the dumb questions.

• With the latest software can I simply have it trigger a When Then event and alert me via some other app or Alexa enabled device?
  • Can I have it trigger a Zigbee compatible device/bell to alert me?
  • I do have ceiling speakers installed in my family room (that I don’t currently have hooked up to anything).  Can I simply add another receiver hooked up to the EA-3 to power those speakers for the doorbell?

Thanks!

You can hook up a amp to the EA3 and the speakers.. but I would leave the amp on.. so you instantly hear the doorbell...

13 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

The DS2 can ring your Control4 touch screens as well.

This is why I’m happy this app is coming out.  Seems crazy to me that I need to spend close to $2K for DS2 and T3 and still don’t necessarily have all the functionality of the Ring.  I’ve got like 6 iPads, 3 iPhones and a few Apple Watches floating around the house.  One of the iPads just sits in the kitchen with a family calendar up on the screen.  I don’t want to add a costly dedicated device that really only helps me with the intercom/doorbell.  

4 hours ago, KingElvis said:

This is why I’m happy this app is coming out.  Seems crazy to me that I need to spend close to $2K for DS2 and T3 and still don’t necessarily have all the functionality of the Ring.  I’ve got like 6 iPads, 3 iPhones and a few Apple Watches floating around the house.  One of the iPads just sits in the kitchen with a family calendar up on the screen.  I don’t want to add a costly dedicated device that really only helps me with the intercom/doorbell.  

One other thing you could do is set up a push notification for when the doorbell is pressed.  That way you would get a notification every time someone pushed the doorbell.  You could even set it up to email you a picture of the person at the front door each time the doorbell gets pushed.

• 4 weeks later...

Still no news on intercom app?

at least we should hear from beta testers, if newer version is out, are bugs being squashed , is it stable ?

Does it seem stable enough for official release. I mean no peep even from beta testers ?! 

Isn’t anyone curious ?

Still no news on intercom app?
at least we should hear from beta testers, if newer version is out, are bugs being squashed , is it stable ?
Does it seem stable enough for official release. I mean no peep even from beta testers ?! 
Isn’t anyone curious ?
Pretty sure beta testers can't share and are under nda

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On 13/03/2018 at 7:27 PM, Stevestobo said:

Sent a tweet to Control4 about the Intercom Anywhere app and got this reply:

Hi Steve, it is currently still in beta. No word yet when it is going to be released. -AM

And followed by this tweet, do any dealers have this then?

F17BAFD3-2E72-41D3-9F39-0D0750CB2A6C.jpeg

Steve - They  have cock up - Give it the big sell and have no game - However the C4 guys say they did not over sell it - They are struggling with this one 

Press release from September last year - 

Intercom Anywhere for Peace of Mind
Also available today with the 4Sight service is the new Control4 Intercom App for iOS and Android devices. Homeowners can now receive Control4 Door Station and audio/video intercom calls directly on their mobile devices, providing them visibility and access to their front gate or front door from anywhere in the world. Unique to Control4, while on a call in the Intercom App, with a single tap, homeowners can activate their Control4 automation such as turn on lights, open the gate, or unlock the front door without leaving the app; a perfect blend of peace of mind and home control.

Control4 offers a complete intercom system with a high-end door station, dedicated touch screens, and doorbell cameras built for durability and premium audio/video quality. Whether in the home or away, homeowners can now receive incoming audio/video intercom calls on their mobile device or call from their mobile phone to Control4 Touchscreens installed throughout out the home for the most complete connected home intercom solution.

The Control4 Intercom App is now available for early access to Control4 Dealers through the company’s beta program.

3 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Steve - They  have cock up - Give it the big sell and have no game - However the C4 guys say they did not over sell it - They are struggling with this one 

Press release from September last year - 

Intercom Anywhere for Peace of Mind
Also available today with the 4Sight service is the new Control4 Intercom App for iOS and Android devices. Homeowners can now receive Control4 Door Station and audio/video intercom calls directly on their mobile devices, providing them visibility and access to their front gate or front door from anywhere in the world. Unique to Control4, while on a call in the Intercom App, with a single tap, homeowners can activate their Control4 automation such as turn on lights, open the gate, or unlock the front door without leaving the app; a perfect blend of peace of mind and home control.

Control4 offers a complete intercom system with a high-end door station, dedicated touch screens, and doorbell cameras built for durability and premium audio/video quality. Whether in the home or away, homeowners can now receive incoming audio/video intercom calls on their mobile device or call from their mobile phone to Control4 Touchscreens installed throughout out the home for the most complete connected home intercom solution.

The Control4 Intercom App is now available for early access to Control4 Dealers through the company’s beta program.

What's "cock up?" LMAO, assuming that you meant something else.

Archived