C4 Forums | Control4

TS and IO stuck on 2.9.1 after 2.10.6 update

dentalben

Question

6 answers to this question

Yes, some devices have a terminal version lower than the running OS. If they report as fully updated, then that is as far as they will update.

Devices with an older terminal version will still function, but possibly with limitations.

Exception is the IO extender. That one is fully functional even on OS3 even though the version is 2.9.1.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:49 AM, deeonline said:

My update manager shows "Connecting" status for the IO extender (see attached). Is this also normal?

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 4.48.52 PM.gif

Your IO Extender is not connected to your network, see what is the issue and it will work with 2.9.1 which is the latest firmware release for it!

On 7/26/2019 at 6:09 AM, dentalben said:

Is it normal for the update manager to show everything up-to-date after updating the a controller to 2.10.6, even if the other IE TS and IO extender are still at 2.9.1? Shouldn't they all change to the latest version?

Also TS latest release is 2.9.1 and it will work with your controller on 2.10.6.

Thank you. My IO Extender has been online all this time. I am able to delete and re-add it back to the EA-5 controller. The ethernet lights are on. I am able to identify it with the "Link" button. Also, it's been working fine up until OS 3.2.3 update and then the Serial ports just stop sending commands right after this update. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.