C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Outlets - Not Dimmable Ones

Hey Guys,

I just had a company come over to the house to do a system takeover (long story). Well, I decided to also add additional things in the house. One of those items were a 6 button programable switch and four of the outlets you plug into an outlet. They had no issue with getting them to turn on and stay on. However, apparently they are dimmable outlets. The problem is i have LED upper/lower cabinet lights that plug into those outlets so when they get turned "off" apparently there is still a small voltage that go through the outlets so the flicker. Has anyone run into this issue and if so, what is the fix? For now we just unplugged them because the technician wasn't sure if there were ones that didn't have the dimmable feather (that would solve the issue). 

• 5 weeks later...

On 10/17/2019 at 8:12 PM, mpeccon said:

Hey Guys,

I just had a company come over to the house to do a system takeover (long story). Well, I decided to also add additional things in the house. One of those items were a 6 button programable switch and four of the outlets you plug into an outlet. They had no issue with getting them to turn on and stay on. However, apparently they are dimmable outlets. The problem is i have LED upper/lower cabinet lights that plug into those outlets so when they get turned "off" apparently there is still a small voltage that go through the outlets so the flicker. Has anyone run into this issue and if so, what is the fix? For now we just unplugged them because the technician wasn't sure if there were ones that didn't have the dimmable feather (that would solve the issue). 

Just to clarify, they flicker when the power is off? On something like this I've taken something else and plugged it into the outlet as well.  For exmple a LED nightlight.  Just something that draws power, even if not a lot.  That has taken care of my LED bleed problems before. 

On 11/17/2019 at 1:25 PM, JerryR said:

Just to clarify, they flicker when the power is off? On something like this I've taken something else and plugged it into the outlet as well.  For exmple a LED nightlight.  Just something that draws power, even if not a lot.  That has taken care of my LED bleed problems before. 

A little cube USB charger does the trick, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.