C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone integrate Ubiquiti cameras with c4 successfully?

macmann

On 12/31/2019 at 7:16 PM, macmann said:

I have a UniFi security camera system. I like their app, time lapse features and ability to search video quickly.  Anyone successful integrate them with c4?

Yes, just don't get the snap shot if I remember correctly. 

Honestly you are better off just using the Unifi app unless you have a real need/use for it in C4. 

I have multiple Unifi cameras integrated with C4. If you enable anonymous snapshots in the Unifi camera config, everything works great. I can see all of my Unifi cameras in the Navigator, T3 touchscreens and the C4 app on IOS devices. This works in both Unifi independent mode and centrally managing cameras with Unifi Protect.

[mention=143181]Riverguy[/mention]  Are you able to get both snapshots AND the live video on the Navigators / T3s?  From my understanding I thought C4 couldn't deal with 1 IP for the video stream and a different IP for the snapshot?  Which driver are you using?
You are correct. It can't. Only 1 IP

I am using the individual IP of each camera in the driver (only 1 IP).  Generic driver v1.02

I was not able to get an authenticated snapshot and had to enable anonymous snapshots (directly in the individual camera web ui). This obviously requires compensating controls to secure the camera if you are concerned about unauthorized access to the camera snapshots. The live view I get appears to be a snapshot refreshed every x seconds and works in the C4 IOS app, but not the TS or Navigator. The Navigator and TS just show a snapshot that refreshes every 10 seconds.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.