C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom Anywhere from Cell No video

Anytime I try to use intercom anywhere from my cell phone to call a TS my video is never shown. It always says "poor signal video will resume" or something to that effect. This is on LTE or home network. Any ideas? TS to TS works flawlessly. 

Did you ever get this resolved?

I run into this message sporadically with Intercom Anywhere, T3 or Android Phone, connecting to my DS2 Mini.  WiFi or Cellular signal.

I've explored this, but have not come up with a solution.  One possibility is a problem with the actual POE cable or connections.  It runs under the house, and I haven't purchased any gear yet to test the cable for continuity, etc.

On 6/13/2020 at 12:06 PM, Don Cohen said:

Did you ever get this resolved?

I run into this message sporadically with Intercom Anywhere, T3 or Android Phone, connecting to my DS2 Mini.  WiFi or Cellular signal.

I've explored this, but have not come up with a solution.  One possibility is a problem with the actual POE cable or connections.  It runs under the house, and I haven't purchased any gear yet to test the cable for continuity, etc.

Nope but like I said the TS are sending video and audio is fine both ways, the phone won't give video bc the "connection is too slow" haven't tested w the wife's phone that's next. Either way likely will have to get the dealer involved. 

• 2 months later...

I've had the same exact issue for several months. Neither control4 nor my dealer have been able to resolve it. I recently upgraded my network to new Araknis equipment but it did not resolve the problem. When you enable the debug mode on the phone, it appears the data being sent for video is too small to support video leading me to believe there is a problem with the android app. Phone is Samsung galaxy note 10+ with all the latest software on phone and EA-3 

21 hours ago, JBBEAUSO said:

I've had the same exact issue for several months. Neither control4 nor my dealer have been able to resolve it. I recently upgraded my network to new Araknis equipment but it did not resolve the problem. When you enable the debug mode on the phone, it appears the data being sent for video is too small to support video leading me to believe there is a problem with the android app. Phone is Samsung galaxy note 10+ with all the latest software on phone and EA-3 

Yeah Samsung S20 Ultra and still not fixed for me either. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.