C4 Forums | Control4

need help with an IF statement

azkid

Trying to set up a program that only runs when someone is watching the TV.   See below screenshot.  I've tried it a few different ways but no matter what I do the program runs even when the TV/AMP/Familyroom is off. Anyone know how I should do this?

image.thumb.png.113d066fcbb68880fd57bca4102fa989.png

You need to nest your commands under the IF statement, so that they are inset.  At the moment they are considered equal to the IF statement, rather than 'children'.  Drag the green arrow to the blue question mark.

I'm more interested in what you are actually trying to achieve with your programming.

1 hour ago, OceanDad said:

You need to nest your commands under the IF statement, so that they are inset.  At the moment they are considered equal to the IF statement, rather than 'children'.  Drag the green arrow to the blue question mark.

I'm more interested in what you are actually trying to achieve with your programming.

Thank you,  still new to programming but I’ll give this a shot. 

the idea of this program is to pull up my front door camera when someone is at the door.  I only want it to do this when I am already watching tv.  Then after a I have a chance to see who is at the door go back to my original tv content.  It works great minus the fact that I still don’t know how to trigger it.  Was hoping to use a lts camera I have but can’t get motion detection to work. 

Instead of programming the remote button clicks to navigate to menu item, you should be choosing the source directly in the programming.

When Entrance Door Cam senses motion
   If Family Room Is ON
       Select Entrance Door Cam Video in the Family Room
   if Alarm is armed
       Send Notification 'Someone is at the door' (with photo attatchement)
   else
      maybe do a voice alert or door bell chime

1 hour ago, brucecampbell said:

Instead of programming the remote button clicks to navigate to menu item, you should be choosing the source directly in the programming.

If Family Room Is ON
   if Alarm is armed
   else

If he only wants camera feed when the TV is on, check that power status rather than the room.  Room could be playing audio. 

4 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

If Family Room Is ON
   if Alarm is armed
   else

I've seen/heard you could do this with Navigation agent?  the camera is a LTS IP camera that I am connecting to via the LTS NVR Driver.  It is in no way physically connected to this tv.  Any more info on how to set this up directly vs navigating the menus would be very helpful!

@JFH good point, I will make this correction!

5 hours ago, azkid said:

I've seen/heard you could do this with Navigation agent?  the camera is a LTS IP camera that I am connecting to via the LTS NVR Driver.  It is in no way physically connected to this tv.  Any more info on how to set this up directly vs navigating the menus would be very helpful!

Yup, you can use the navigation agent (“Jump”).   

10 hours ago, azkid said:

Use the Snapshot driver to revert the video source back to what it was before. 

16 hours ago, azkid said:

It works great minus the fact that I still don’t know how to trigger it.  Was hoping to use a lts camera I have but can’t get motion detection to work. 

Try the Chowmain Hikvision driver.  That will let you trigger off the motion detection.  Works with LTS cameras, which are rebranded Hikvision.  90 day free trial.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.