C4 Forums | Control4

Araknis 310 Router

Checking on folks experiences here.

Biggest concern with the switch to C4 was its dependence on the network being set up correctly and all parts working together.

I do feel like my installer has a good handle on this but already had an issue a week in and wanted to see if there is a known bug or issue that I should keep an eye out for.

Our Araknis 310 Router factory reset itself at 3 am the other day. The whole system went down obviously and then a lot of items stopped working (switches, Wattbox, etc couldn’t reconnect). 

Dealer had to set everything back up in the router.

a. Is this a known issue or has anyone else had this issue with this router? Will make sure it’s on the latest firmware. If it happens again, I’m going to ask for an RMA.

b. Is there a way to print the settings so that I know how everything is set up in case we need someone else to help if we have continued issues?

c. I am not a network guy - barely understand the basics - but I would like to make sure that I can get access to everything in the system so I can get help if ever needed.

d. Looking for suggestions for what information would be good to have for the entire system. I’m thinking things logins for all network appliances, Wattbox logins, static IP addresses, etc. Anyone have a good list of helpful info to request from the dealer so I can get help if they ever go out of business for example?

Thanks much!

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Never heard of this happening. You can't print settings but you export a config file

Thanks much! So I’ll ask for the config file once they’re done installing. Anything else you would recommend for someone to have if the dealer ever went out of business or maybe a remote programmer was needed?

Logins for all the network and related devices.

Backups possible: Router, APs, Control4 project file.

An IP list is helpful to have but can be user generated as well.

Rough wiring and hookup diagrams.

Depending on your relationship and contract some of these things may incur a charge to produce depending on how they operate and what internal documents they generate.

5 hours ago, Jakelay said:

Our Araknis 310 Router factory reset itself at 3 am the other day. The whole system went down obviously and then a lot of items stopped working (switches, Wattbox, etc couldn’t reconnect). 

I haven't seen this either.  However, I have seen erratic performance from these routers when they get too hot.  What's the temperature and venting/cooling like in your rack/closet ?

21 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

Get the log in for your router.  Go to the web portal (type the router IP address in to a browser to get there).   Go to Settings/File Management :

Download the router config file and keep it safe as a backup.  You can restore from the same screen.

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 11.14.18 AM.png

Thanks for that! Have to get the IP address first. Tried the standards and the default so will need that from the dealer I guess.

Appreciate the cut and paste - helps a lot!

Like Mitch says - you can get the router address from your settings on whatever device you are using to browse the internet.  On an iPhone, go to Settings/Wi-fi, and look at the Info (small I in a circle) next to your wifi network.  You will see the router IP address displayed there.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.