C4 Forums | Control4

August Lock - Lock Status?

I've got the August Lock driver added and configured and everything works great with regards to Control4 being able to lock and unlock the door. That said, it doesn't appear that Control4 is aware of a manual status change to the lock...meaning if I manually unlock or lock the door, Control4 isn't aware of that. Is that the same experience others are having?

Make sure you update the driver in C4 and the firmware for the lock. I’m assuming you have the wifi gateway? If everything is up to date, the only issues I’ve had have been due to drivers or power outage. Once I lock/ unlock the door, the state updates in C4.

27 minutes ago, Jakelay said:

Make sure you update the driver in C4 and the firmware for the lock. I’m assuming you have the wifi gateway? If everything is up to date, the only issues I’ve had have been due to drivers or power outage. Once I lock/ unlock the door, the state updates in C4.

I just installed the driver this morning, so it’s the latest version. Same with the August. It’s the 4th generation lock with WiFi built in. I do have the gateway driver and the lock driver. 

I've been using the August lock with C4 for a few months now. Most of the time the August lock status updates in C4 (although after a delay of about 10 seconds). But once every few days, I find that the status doesn't update in C4.

I've reported the issue to Cinegration, and they said that they're checking it. They said the original developers who worked on it are no longer with them, so it would take about 2 weeks for other developers to familiarize themselves with the code and make the fixes. However, that was 2 months ago! They said the problem is likely because the August APIs aren't giving them the right info so it's out of their control, but whenever the status doesn't update in C4 I find IFTTT still gets the right status. IFTTT I assume uses the same August APIs as well. I told Cinegration this, so it isn't a problem with the APIs and I haven't heard from them since.  

I'm not sure what the solution is - I'm considering using IFTTT to simulate the August lock driver and forgetting about the Cinegration driver. The Cinegration driver has a 5-10 second delay to update the lock status (when it works) and to trigger the lock from C4. IFTTT on the other hand is very quick. And IFTTT also has info on whether the lock was unlocked by anyone/specific users. All this is tempting me to go the IFTTT route completely.

I don't see why the Cinegration driver can't do what IFTTT does.

50 minutes ago, ashwinmj said:

I've been using the August lock with C4 for a few months now. Most of the time the August lock status updates in C4 (although after a delay of about 10 seconds). But once every few days, I find that the status doesn't update in C4.

I've reported the issue to Cinegration, and they said that they're checking it. They said the original developers who worked on it are no longer with them, so it would take about 2 weeks for other developers to familiarize themselves with the code and make the fixes. However, that was 2 months ago! They said the problem is likely because the August APIs aren't giving them the right info so it's out of their control, but whenever the status doesn't update in C4 I find IFTTT still gets the right status. IFTTT I assume uses the same August APIs as well. I told Cinegration this, so it isn't a problem with the APIs and I haven't heard from them since.  

I'm not sure what the solution is - I'm considering using IFTTT to simulate the August lock driver and forgetting about the Cinegration driver. The Cinegration driver has a 5-10 second delay to update the lock status (when it works) and to trigger the lock from C4. IFTTT on the other hand is very quick. And IFTTT also has info on whether the lock was unlocked by anyone/specific users. All this is tempting me to go the IFTTT route completely.

I don't see why the Cinegration driver can't do what IFTTT does.

I’ve got it working right now. I’m doing some testing with Home Assistant for a vacation property (where I’ll also deploy the August lock) and it’s pretty fantastic. I’m really intrigued by it. 

5 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

I’ve got it working right now. I’m doing some testing with Home Assistant for a vacation property (where I’ll also deploy the August lock) and it’s pretty fantastic. I’m really intrigued by it. 

@ILoveC4 how did you get it to work? 

The August lock is amazing! It’s only the C4 driver I’ve been having trouble with. 

2 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

I had reset the bindings and failed to redo one of them.

So before you fixed the binding, did the status never work or was it inconsistent like in my case? 

it works I’d say 90% of the time for me. But that’s not reliable enough. 

1 hour ago, ashwinmj said:

So before you fixed the binding, did the status never work or was it inconsistent like in my case? 

it works I’d say 90% of the time for me. But that’s not reliable enough. 

It seems consistent so far, but I will do more testing. I have noticed it’s slightly delayed. I have 4 kids and a zillion people through here all the time, so we will stress test it for sure. 

6 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

It seems consistent so far, but I will do more testing. I have noticed it’s slightly delayed. I have 4 kids and a zillion people through here all the time, so we will stress test it for sure. 

Sounds, good. Please let me know what happens. 

Before you fixed the bindings, was it not working at all or was it unreliable? 

How long a delay are you noticing?

16 hours ago, tekki70 said:

installed the wifi august lock, installed the driver and the gateway driver but no gateway, the status doesnt change so still trying to figure it out, lock and driver are up to date 

Make sure the bindings are correct. You need a gateway driver, the lock driver and a generic lock driver. 

7 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

Make sure the bindings are correct. You need a gateway driver, the lock driver and a generic lock driver. 

i do have the following drivers gateway, lock, generic lock, all the bindings are correct, im using the wifi august lock but still it doesnt show properly  and the wifi is 2.4 with a simple password and the wifi is strong at the location, just had to wonder if i can just use the wifi lock without a gateway

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.