C4 Forums | Control4

My C4 system isn't working ! Zigbee issue?

tratliff

• 4 weeks later...

I have same problem. All remotes stopped working and say waiting for network. iPad can control Tv on Hc300 but not lights or music. Tried rebooting router, hc300 and removed batteries from remotes. Still not working. Any thoughts?

There are some known issues with 2.00-2.02 on certain controllers where the system becomes sluggish and parts or all of the zigbee mesh become unresponsive. 2.04 is sceduled to be released on Tuesday which is supposed to fix systems with this particular issue. There is also an SNMPD patch available to fix this now but you may as well wait for the 2.04 maintenance release and have the system upgraded. This fix doesn't apply to systems on 1.8.

Your dealer will be able to check to see if you are affected by this.

Nikon, thanks so much for the info. Very good to know. Wish we would have known about this earlier.

Like Controlfouruserguy, I am very frustrated that we are still having issue like this. I was hoping our days as beta testers for a new release were over. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Unfortunately, despite Control4 having literally *hundreds* of beta test sites for 2.0 (and previous releases), it's very difficult to catch this sort of problem, which doesn't manifest itself until the system has been running for at least a few weeks without reboot.

I apologize for these issues you're seeing.

RyanE

Unfortunately, despite Control4 having literally *hundreds* of beta test sites for 2.0 (and previous releases), it's very difficult to catch this sort of problem, which doesn't manifest itself until the system has been running for at least a few weeks without reboot.

I apologize for these issues you're seeing.

RyanE

I had to have my dealer out twice after zigbee totally failed and each switch had to be reloaded. I am now on 2.02 and recently had the entire audio driver corrupted for no know reason which made any announcements or playing music impossible. Both of these have been temporarily corrected, but the system has been anything but reliable and I just hope this can all be resolved with some bug fixes. Its just unnerving not knowing whats not going to work next. I have had more down time than anyone wold believe. I never expected Control4 to be this unreliable, however I am hopeful that some of these bugfixes finally correct things.

Nikon, thanks so much for the info. Very good to know. Wish we would have known about this earlier.

Like Controlfouruserguy, I am very frustrated that we are still having issue like this. I was hoping our days as beta testers for a new release were over. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Hey no problem. I am glad to be able to shed some light on the situation by passing on the information.

It seems that the level on spam on the forum has grown lately...very annoying.

A good idea might be setting it up so that new users can't post links...in their signature or otherwise. I've seen that reduce the spam on other forums...

Archived