C4 Forums | Control4

Now that 2.0 is coming what APP do you want!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

App to stream music vedios, or add to the rhapsody product so video plays on touch panels or tv as music plays. App to stream TV and Movies through Control4. Cool screen saver apps. Facebook app that scrolls new posts on touch panel if you want. App that shows daily usage - how long were lights on and apply average cost based on where you live. How long were tv on by room (for kid monitoring). Cool weather app. CNN news app that would scroll top stories :)

agreed, but with the new app store they will be easy to find and install...no more web digging... you can already stream video to the panels too, just use the panasonic video to ip converter and make it a fake camera..i do this for people who want to use the 10" as a tv in the bathroom in the morning for news, then a macro just turns the audio on from the cable

Funny. There's a CNN, RSS reader, POP3 email notification, stock ticker drivers already created by the great Alan Chow of Control4 Australia.

Right, but are any of them available? Show me a screenshot of you using any one of them and I'll be amazed. To my knowledge he hasn't completed or released any of those drivers you mention.

i think 2.0 will be the next stage in c4s life... all those plug ins you hear about bog the system down and delay response..so i wouldnt use them either way...once 2.0 is released the powers to be in director will be left to do there thing!

lol i think i have all of those drivers and a few more of alans that were never publicly released up and running at my house. during the beta with driver works me and alan used to stay up late and come up with drivers. i was easily disenchanted because of proxy limitations, and well me and alan both got reaql busy. with 2.0 and proxies being opened up you will see a lot from us, oh and lets not forget cody. and i promise you will see stuff from dan and andrew. you'd be surprised what us guys come up with that we don't release. i have one that i wrote that alerts me when some one responds to one of my post on the dealers forums or leaves me a message. just wait for 2.0, we will be putting out a lot of stuff now that c4 for has found a way for us to be paid for our time!!

Funny. There's a CNN' date=' RSS reader, POP3 email notification, stock ticker drivers already created by the great Alan Chow of Control4 Australia.[/quote']

Right, but are any of them available? Show me a screenshot of you using any one of them and I'll be amazed. To my knowledge he hasn't completed or released any of those drivers you mention.

they worked fine. The only time they broke was when cnn changed their rss feed urls. I use my weather, pop3 and stock drivers on a daily basis. In fact the Pop3 driver notifys me on new emails with dimmer / switch colour changes around my home.

agreed, but with the new app store they will be easy to find and install...no more web digging... you can already stream video to the panels too, just use the panasonic video to ip converter and make it a fake camera..i do this for people who want to use the 10" as a tv in the bathroom in the morning for news, then a macro just turns the audio on from the cable

web digging? these were freely available on the official dealer forum. Your dealer could aquire and install them for you.

lol i think i have all of those drivers and a few more of alans that were never publicly released up and running at my house. during the beta with driver works me and alan used to stay up late and come up with drivers. i was easily disenchanted because of proxy limitations, and well me and alan both got reaql busy. with 2.0 and proxies being opened up you will see a lot from us, oh and lets not forget cody. and i promise you will see stuff from dan and andrew. you'd be surprised what us guys come up with that we don't release. i have one that i wrote that alerts me when some one responds to one of my post on the dealers forums or leaves me a message. just wait for 2.0, we will be putting out a lot of stuff now that c4 for has found a way for us to be paid for our time!!

yeah joe i miss those days. i haven't got much time to do coding at home. At the end of the day family comes first. We still release alot of c4au drivers and we will probably do that through the app store architecture. Here are some of the things we have come up with that are available to australian dealers.

Clipsal CBUS lighting integration

HPM iControl lighting integration

Dynalite lighting integration

Conson lighting integration

Somfy Blind Controllers

Windows Media Center Integration

XBMC Driver

Weather.com.au driver

Magic 8 Ball Driver

Advantage Air HVAC

IAS Smartzone HVAC

Marantz 2 way driver

Sangean DAB/Internet Radio Tuner

and quite a few more that i can't remember off the top of my head. Anyway we're kind of getting off topic. There are a few apps i want to see and will probably make myself (i'll keep these ideas to myself until i find them feasible or not). Apps that i want to see that i do not have the skill level to make are gaming applications. I can make Pac Man, Space Invaders, Asteroids type games but meh anyone can make those. Give me some cool new games. Joe get on it.

lol, shoot me an email on your media center integration. i am actually coding a new 2 way media center driver for 1.7 and building the arch for the 2.0 version with built in netflix and cinema now imbedded.

games? how bout street fighter. we can hook up 2 7" portables over vpn and go head to head!

Don't forget, you also made a PowerPoint controller too.

Is it merely a coincidence that many of the more interesting C4 drivers are being written by C4 staff in Australia(see above) or the UK(twitter)? Reminds me of the old chinese saying "The hills are high and the emperor is far away".

Is it merely a coincidence that many of the more interesting C4 drivers are being written by C4 staff in Australia(see above) or the UK(twitter)? Reminds me of the old chinese saying "The hills are high and the emperor is far away".

I don't know what you're implying about something being a coincidence....that coincides with what exactly?

Alan (from what I can tell) is the most aggressive in writing fun/more involved drivers. Control4 EMEA wrote the Twitter driver. RyanE (US) wrote the Weatherbug driver. I'm pretty sure jwhitacker is in the U.S. as well...

I don't know what you're implying about something being a coincidence....that coincides with what exactly?

Ryan also wrote the CGI app but that is now nowhere to be found. Is it being suppressed? If so by whom and why? If not then why can't you find it with a simple Google search on C4 and CGI?

I am implying that those closest to head office are under more of a leash in terms of how creative that they are allowed to be and the C4 offices that are thousands of miles from home are not under the same leash.

It's just the impression that I get. I don't know what proportion of C4's sales come from outside of North America - I am guessing that it is a tiny proportion < 10%. This forum seems to get very little participation from outside of North America - many other forums that I participate on have far more global active users. But more than 10% of the interesting apps seem to come from overseas - the Twitter driver being a prime example. It is interesting to note that you can use Twitter to somewhat control your C4 system but, outside of Composer HE and 4Sight/WebNavigator, C4 seems to show no interest in allowing PC apps to directly control your C4 system, otherwise we would have a PC Navigator that was widely available and worked properly.

Maybe I am too cynical and way off-base and watched too much X-Files....

lol, i actually use the power point driver i wrote for presentations to clients. it trips them out that i am using the same c4 remote to control everything else. i have been telling todd forever he needed to use this driver in the training room, and ryan should use it in his trainings.

btw.... u.s., texas actually

Werd. :D

Well' date=' I'll try not to hold that against you guys...[/quote']

Go back to hocking your lamps on eBay :P

You're just jealous because you can't sell your media controllers for $949, your 10.5 inch in walls for $2,695, etc....

:D :D :lol:

Well' date=' I'll try not to hold that against you guys...[/quote']

Go back to hocking your lamps on eBay :P

You're just jealous because you can't sell your media controllers for $949, your 10.5 inch in walls for $2,695, etc....

:D :D :lol:

You just bought one and didn't even know it :cool:

Archived