C4 Forums | Control4

Now that 2.0 is coming what APP do you want!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just curious, other than iTunes support (which I hate iTunes anyways), what is so bad about C4's audio and so good about Sonos? I have distributed audio through every room in my house (save three of the bathrooms) and I absolutely love it. In my opinion other than the ability to fast forward and rewind (which really isn't a big deal) it doesn't really leave anything to be desired.

I'm just curious what the major difference here is...

Dan, have you seen the Sonos controller? It's pretty sweet, even the old CR100 still holds it's own. I sold off 6 zones of Sonos to help fund my Control4 addiction, but I kept a zoneplayer just for Pandora. I like Rhapsody, but Pandora is a nice compliment.

I would like an app that shows my calendar / to do list pulled from my network's Mac computer (iCal). That way when I wake up in the morning I can see my day and decide if I just want to go back to bed. Or if it's night and I'm watching TV and somebody calls, I can see when I'm available for lunch or whatever.

I would like an app that shows my calendar / to do list pulled from my network's Mac computer (iCal). That way when I wake up in the morning I can see my day and decide if I just want to go back to bed. Or if it's night and I'm watching TV and somebody calls, I can see when I'm available for lunch or whatever.

That would be neat. I would want it to integrate with my companies Exchange server....now that would be awesome.

I saw that they have google calendar, which is a good sign.

+1 for Billiam's suggesting for calendar integration.

I'd like to see an app that will turn an LED on one of my zigbee dimmers into a weather beacon by getting Internet weather forcasts for my city. The Beacon could silently and elegantly communicates weather data using color. It glows more red when warmer weather is forecasted, and colder blue hues if cooler temperatures are on the way. The Beacon could also subtly pulse to show the chance of rain or snow.

Couple more possible ideas:

-Fitness/Weight App were you could input your weight daily

and show goals, trends, graphs, etc

-Redbox DVD rental App

-Virtual Chaulkboard App for leaving "notes/messages" between family

members

...just some ideas to kick around.....

Funny. There's a CNN, RSS reader, POP3 email notification, stock ticker drivers already created by the great Alan Chow of Control4 Australia.

yea but you have to be an internet search expert or al gore (i know, redundant) to find them. want something where you can search, buy and install easy

I would like an app that shows my calendar / to do list pulled from my network's Mac computer (iCal). That way when I wake up in the morning I can see my day and decide if I just want to go back to bed. Or if it's night and I'm watching TV and somebody calls' date=' I can see when I'm available for lunch or whatever.[/quote']

That would be neat. I would want it to integrate with my companies Exchange server....now that would be awesome.

I saw that they have google calendar, which is a good sign.

who's they? is it going to be added into c4? big fan of that i use it everyday.

I think they're referring to some video from CES that was showing Control4's 2.0 kiosk. One of the applications they were showing was a Google Calendar app, which would show you your Google Calendar appointments on the on-screen (and on the 7" and 10.5" I would suppose by the time it ships).

I don't know what additional functionality it had (whether you could enter appointments or not), but it looked interesting.

RyanE

agreed, but with the new app store they will be easy to find and install...no more web digging... you can already stream video to the panels too, just use the panasonic video to ip converter and make it a fake camera..i do this for people who want to use the 10" as a tv in the bathroom in the morning for news, then a macro just turns the audio on from the cable

Please elaborate on this...i googled and cannot find the part you are referring to.....this would be very appealing.

• 3 weeks later...
What equipment do I need to run 2.0? I am still running 1 HC300 and rest legacy equipment. Please advise.

Thanks

C4 has not stated any exact hardware requirements yet.

All HC class controllers and MC and HTC controllers are supported. You can't run the flash GUI on the MC or HTC controllers.

Since it is ZigBee Pro you will need an HC class controller in your system as the master controller. The MC and HTC can be slaves.

Netflix app (ala Boxee)

Pandora/Internet Radio

Ski and Snow report/Local Weather

Boxee/XBMC third party remote APP (instead of installing driver, you just install the app to control the system? just and idea)

Sidenote: Please make it so we can customize the home screen/buttons/layout/skins please. Mmkay? Thanx!

Irrigation App - with the ability to:

- schedule each zone independantly

- easily change the duration of each zone

- allow scheduling one zone to start on the completion of the previous zone

- allow a zone to be scheduled multiple times per day

- override the schedule and set the next run date (in case of rain in the forecast)

- allow for municipal restrictions like odd or even days only

This app could provide some ideas

http://www.irritrol.com/pccontrol/

Below is a youtube video of the HomeLogic Irrigation App

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsF-P95-dyc&feature=related

Thanks,

Doug

Ability to password lock R rated movies

I want this as well. You can do it currently at the DVD or Media Player level, but it's clumsy. Hopefully parental controls can be implemented for not only video, but explicit audio files as well.

Archived